• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Sowal stickers can be found at Grayton General Store or Seagrove Market. Those are just two places I've seen them.

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
So, how does one decide when to board up? For us, it's not a matter of a last-minute decision. We are physically unable to do it ourselves (I mean, how many people are strong enough to carry a 50-pound piece of plywood in one hand and a drill in another hand up a 32-foot ladder?), so we need to make arrangements in advance to make sure the labor doesn't get tied up elsewhere. Any guidelines would be greatly appreciated.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Beachfamily said:
I am down in the area now until Sunday in Seacrest where do I find a sticker

They are at quite a few places. As of yesterday I know there are some at Seagrove Market, Grayton Market, Sally's Market.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
kimbug said:
What advice do all the locals have for us tourists who are planning on coming down for vacation this upcoming week? I know that you have much bigger things to worry about like how to protect yourselves, family, property, etc...but if you can offer some words of advice I'd love it. My family and I are planning on leaving from Ohio tomorrow with an arrival to sowal on Friday afternoon. Anyone care to comment. Thanks.

To be on the side of caution, you might want to spend Friday night somewhere on the way down, north of Mississippi. If it's on the same track as it is now when you wake up Saturday morning, stay where you are.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
phdphay said:
So, how does one decide when to board up? For us, it's not a matter of a last-minute decision. We are physically unable to do it ourselves (I mean, how many people are strong enough to carry a 50-pound piece of plywood in one hand and a drill in another hand up a 32-foot ladder?), so we need to make arrangements in advance to make sure the labor doesn't get tied up elsewhere. Any guidelines would be greatly appreciated.

Most people who do it already have a plan in place.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200504_model.html

at200504_model.gif

Last edited:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Even the red line would be o.k. because you want to be on the west side of the storm where the winds are off-shore. It is MUCH better for the beaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.