• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I made the decision to leave for Houston tomorrow instead of today. This will give us plenty of time to prepare and get PawPaw back to Dallas. Poor thing...Katrina hit on his Aug. 29th bday and now this IDIOT Swedish fish is trying to distrupt his 83rd!

Continue the updates....I really appreciate all your knowledge.

I don't think Houston, but the Rita track looks pretty good right now, maybe Red Stick

Last edited:

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
I made the decision to leave for Houston tomorrow instead of today. This will give us plenty of time to prepare and get PawPaw back to Dallas. Poor thing...Katrina hit on his Aug. 29th bday and now this IDIOT Swedish fish is trying to distrupt his 83rd!

Continue the updates....I really appreciate all your knowledge.

WOW 83! Happy Birthday PawPaw!! :clap:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
IDIOT Swedish fish
:rotfl:

A good tip I heard today on WWL was to look for batteries, flashlights, gas cans and generators at Auto Stores (auto zone, o'rileys,pep boys) I personally had never thought of that as I always think "big box" stores. The first auto store I went into I scored on 12 D cell batteries. :clap:

Another tip I heard was to fill up your boat with gas instead of all the cans.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Just got this in an email. WIth apologies to my home state. (Kurt, please delete if not allowed.)

download

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
For you insect hating people, you might want to stock up on DEET, if for some reason you stick around and the water pushes you out of your home.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
How about now? Keep in mind this sent from La. Guess you've gotta have a sense of humor after all they've been through.

gustav.jpg

futurebeachbum

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Snellsburg, GA
www.myfloridacottage.com
Gustav being chased by Hannah

Here's an ugly animation I put together from the European Weather Site (ECWMF) that shows Gustaf rolling up thru the Gulf and a few days latter a bigger/badder Hannah following almost the same track (maybe a little east of Gustav.)

You can see from this image, how big Hannah is in their model.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Good suggestion! We had a power surge near my house last month & 560 homes lost an average of $1,000 in appliances. Most of these appliances had power surge protection.

In, IIRC, 2003, we had that same kind of lightning storm go through our neighborhood. Even though the lines are underground, we still had about $4K worth of damage to electronics in our house.

Why is it that when that kind of stuff happens, the appliances you really hope would die don't*, but the stuff you actually like gets fried?

Okay, I was glad when the garage door opener got fried because it was weird even before then, but the rest of the mess broke or didn't along those lines.