Smiling JOe said:Of course I am not in the building industry so I do not know. Is this something new? I thought if they built the house to handle the wind load, that hurricane rated 140mph wind resistant windows were not necessary.
tominbham said:Hi, we have house at Seacrest and would like to know who did your shutters.
Thanks.
tistheseason said:We have the wind rated windows on our house. However, we still board up. Are we crazy? Our thinking is that the windows might not protect against flying debris. (And there will probably be a lot of it, due to construction)
monique said:Has anyone used these new hurricane screens made of kevlar or a similar material? See www.stormscreens.com and or google in "hurricane screens" for more scoop. During Dennis a lady in a beachfront condo was on the phone with CNN saying she had her hurricane screens up and could sit on her porch during the storm without any wind passing through the screen. She said they were rated to 140 mph. I thought it was interesting. Since I have searched the internet for info, wondered if anyone had tried using them in the area.