• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
Agree completely with SJ & Kurt about Publix. With the exception of the beach toys at the front of the store, I thought their prices were well in line with what I pay here at home. Even purchased a very nice blow dryer there and it was only $16. I don't think it would have been any cheaper at Wal-mart. With the price of gas and the traffic on 98, I wouldn't shop anywhere but Publix unless they didn't have something I needed.

P.S. And they don't even require you to sign up for a frequent shopper card to get sale prices (all the other grocery stores I know of have them.)

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
If we "have to" we go to the Wally world in PCB, Destin traffic is a nightmare :eek: Hope you have a great vacation !!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Don't forget about Walmart on 331, around Defuniak, if you're coming southbound! Might be a little congested, but you'll have crowds :sosad: most anywhere, this time of the year! I agree, late night/early morning, are the best! :clap_1: Also, I use http://www.mapquest.com, for everything! It'll provide exact locations, directions, precise mileage and estimated time to get there. http://www.walmart.com Be careful and have a great 4th!
Paige said:
which WalMart should I go to? The one in Destin or the one in PCB?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mapquest may give directions but it can be deceptive if you are basing the travel time on proximity. For example, usually stores in Ft Walton are closer than Panama City, yet I can typically get to PC more quickly without having to battle as much traffic during the season.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I bet if Paige is buying goods for 35 people, she will have to unload the bus before she goes shopping. That is typically why most beach goers don't stop at the one in Defuniak.

imasunbum

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2005
The WalMart in PCB is definitely more convenient to Seagrove. That is where I go...but I go extremely early or extremely late. It is usually very crowed.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
Smiling JOe said:
I bet if Paige is buying goods for 35 people, she will have to unload the bus before she goes shopping. That is typically why most beach goers don't stop at the one in Defuniak.

Bingo......unless you are Ktschris (hee hee) she will put groceries on kids laps or hang them out the window just so she doesn't have to leave the beach and shop later :rotfl: