• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Re: Wednesday Movies at The Rep.

steele mama said:
How was the "event"? :love:

not sure steeling1 will be able to answer ;-)

it was good. huge turnout, full room. we will need to figure out a different arrangement for the food though. the front door got choked up due to the food line being right there. we'll probably need to put it onstage, or outside(depending on the weather) for future weeks. thanks to all who came, and brought food. the movies were a little sobering in regards to content(see above) but enjoyable. i wonder if we want ot have some post movie discussion next times? we'll see if the films lend themselves to that. my only tech want, is a video switcher and a monitor so we can cue up to start point and send black when there's no image.

make reservations early, these will continue to sell out. 231 3033

jr

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia

John R said:
not sure steeling1 will be able to answer ;-)

it was good. huge turnout, full room. we will need to figure out a different arrangement for the food though. the front door got choked up due to the food line being right there. we'll probably need to put it onstage, or outside(depending on the weather) for future weeks. thanks to all who came, and brought food. the movies were a little sobering in regards to content(see above) but enjoyable. i wonder if we want ot have some post movie discussion next times? we'll see if the films lend themselves to that. my only tech want, is a video switcher and a monitor so we can cue up to start point and send black when there's no image.

make reservations early, these will continue to sell out. 231 3033

jr
:dunno: you think she is :yawn: ? Sounds like you have some great process improvement ideas. I'm glad there was a good turnout!

I'm up and working...my second job. Thank you very much. But last night went very well.

John R said:
no, i'm sure she's up, grayton kid needs to be in school, i'm sure...

jr

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia

steeleing1 said:
I'm up and working...my second job. Thank you very much. But last night went very well.
Don't get huffy with me! :razz:
I'm glad it went well and that you are having a great gainfully employed day!!!:love: Did you hear the praise report from Oldtimer? THE GUY CHANGED HIS MIND BACK!!!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Just a quick word to say thanks to all for putting on the production. It was a real treat and the seats filled quickly. Any chance for sitting on the floors next time for overflow? I could wear my PJs.:D

The films were interesting. We graded the films based on story, theme, cinematography and overall. The first film, I gave 7's across the board. (1-10 scale with 10 being the highest) The second film was a bit better and I scored 8s and 9s. During the second film, I found the story a little slow at times and found myself daydreaming about stories of my SoWal cartoon. The third and final film, I rated 10s all the way across. I would be tickled pink, and gladly pay to see this in a big theatre somewhere. I laughed and cried throughout the entire film. Well maid! Bravo! I even took a quote from "Wally" which is my current signature line below. :D John R or Steeleing1, any way to buy a copy of this film?

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator

Smiling JOe said:
The third and final film, I rated 10s all the way across. I would be tickled pink, and gladly pay to see this in a big theatre somewhere. I laughed and cried throughout the entire film. Well maid! Bravo! I even took a quote from "Wally" which is my current signature line below. :D John R or Steeleing1, any way to buy a copy of this film?

joe, this is what i found by googling wally and bob. i can't remember the name of the production company. strongboy? maybe steeling1 could look on the case to find the name, and i'm sure you could trace the source from there.

jr

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
Re: Indie Film Series

?Lucky? was the first film shown in Seaside Repertory Theatre?s new Indie Film Series. Her father bestowed Lucky?s unusual name on her the day she was born. Her parents are from India, but Lucky and her siblings have grown up in New York City.
The customs of her native India dictate that Lucky wed a pre-arranged mate at age 18.
Lucky postpones the marriage for one year to finish college where she graduates as valedictorian. During that year, her chosen mate is killed in an accident. However, as custom dictates, there is a second choice, which Lucky weds in India. The couple returns to the United States to help Lucky?s father run a motel in South Carolina and there birth a baby boy.
The quality filming of this independent short is not the best, but its subject matter is. Shot in clips over a five-year period, it gives a first-hand look at a different set of customs.
?Lucky? was shown Feb. 8, however, the series runs through March 1. Movies are shown Wednesdays, beginning at 7 p.m. An optional potluck dinner precedes the showing at 6 p.m., at the Seaside Meeting Hall Theater.
?We?re not exposed enough to independent films and independent filmmakers,? said Craige Hoover, Seaside Repertory Theatre?s artistic director. ?We want to give young filmmakers a chance the same way people gave us a chance here at the theater. These films, made by small, professional filmmakers, give patrons an insight into how interesting the little guy can be.?
Materials like film and distribution were cost prohibitive in the past for small filmmakers. Now all that is needed is hard drive space and to burn a movie to a compact disc, said Hoover.
The film series may include a series of shorts or a single full-length film each week. Titles will be announced weekly and will include documentaries, animations and others. Film selections are appropriate for teens and adults.
The series is free, but a $5 donation is appreciated. Seating is limited to 60 people. To reserve space or for film titles call (850) 231-0733.