• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
1). The proposed changes grandfathered in existing businesses. Wouldn't affect any existing businesses.

2). I now love the idea of my tax dollars funding private businesses and their needs.

3). I am now looking at becoming a small business owner and wait till you see my idea!!!

4). Just hope I'm welcomed with the same open arms as the other businesses...

5). Who sold that parcel across from Stinky's? Local Realtors or out of town?

On 1), that is my understanding also, but there are times when you're got to start somewhere!
Also, I believe parking is shared at Miramar Beach Access with a restaurant through some sort of agreement and has been the case for many years. Just talking possibilities, have never been to Stinky's and don't know what may or may have not been discussed. Maybe your business proposal would be welcomed, it never hurts to try!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
On 1), that is my understanding also, but there are times when you're got to start somewhere!
Also, I believe parking is shared at Miramar Beach Access with a restaurant through some sort of agreement and has been the case for many years. Just talking possibilities, have never been to Stinky's and don't know what may or may have not been discussed. Maybe your business proposal would be welcomed, it never hurts to try!

I believe in starting somewhere too. I've said I support this purchase.

I love the idea of an agreement with the county for parking use! It will never happen, not part of the plan.

We will now fund private businesses, which is why I'm diversifying my assets to create my own business.

Everyone else should do the same. Can't beat 'em, join 'em!

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Seems like an opportunity for the county to earn some additional revenues by leasing the lot to Stinkys for use after park hours. A simple chain to close the lot after hours may help entice Stinkys to ink a deal with the county. Everybody wins.
Stinky's is open during the day.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
Seems like an opportunity for the county to earn some additional revenues by leasing the lot to Stinkys for use after park hours. A simple chain to close the lot after hours may help entice Stinkys to ink a deal with the county. Everybody wins.
What is "after hours"? What time do public beach accesses close? I don't think closing a public beach access / parking lot is what we want to do.

@John G - Although the price was very high, I'm glad to get a new public beach access.

Now the purchase of the Grayton Grand property is a complete boondoggle swindle ridiculous. Focus your gaze over there for a moment. Jay Odom and friends got a nice paycheck on that one. Do you think people are going to park there and go to the beach or is it a parking lot for busy Grayton Beach businesses?

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
As I understand it, the former Grayton Grand property is to be used as a park-n-ride location.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
We'll know a lot more about what is truly going to go on all of these parcels when the County submits their development applications.