• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
kurt said:
Or I could ban her. If Sueshore doesn't get it first. :roll:

Oh no...Daddy-O!!! Ban Miss Kitty? :razz: ...what is razz?

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Paula said:
I had the same thought. So, if you post anything related to real estate or in response to Shelly (or anything else here), it could become a quotation (used in or out of context) in a thesis. There are ethical guidelines regarding academic research, and I'm not sure where this would fall.

Though a quote in an academic paper is probably going to require a citation with a real name attached to it. I can't see turning in a paper with endnotes citing people named Kimmifunn, Gypsea, Smilin' Joe, etc. instead of given names.

The discussion boards at salon.com required you to post under your real name at one time, but later not only allowed but encouraged pseudonyms because they had a run of outside journalists using the boards to get quick quotes for their stories, and the pseuds effectively stopped the journalists from being able to do that. Now, if you want to use someone else's words from there, you have to e-mail the poster for a real name, which the poster may or may not give out.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
beachmouse said:
Though a quote in an academic paper is probably going to require a citation with a real name attached to it. I can't see turning in a paper with endnotes citing people named Kimmifunn, Gypsea, Smilin' Joe, etc. instead of given names.

The discussion boards at salon.com required you to post under your real name at one time, but later not only allowed but encouraged pseudonyms because they had a run of outside journalists using the boards to get quick quotes for their stories, and the pseuds effectively stopped the journalists from being able to do that. Now, if you want to use someone else's words from there, you have to e-mail the poster for a real name, which the poster may or may not give out.
Perhaps his thesis is not on real estate at all, but rather, something related to internet communities and relationships. Then, Shelly would be able to use our funn names. :dunno: Either that, or Shelly is a stock broker who has been hurting for business. Shelly never responded to my earlier post with this guess. If Shelly is writing a thesis, I sure hope he/she actually reads the references which she/he quotes. By the way, Shelly, I think your thesis is subject is much too broad. You should narrow your focus. ;-)

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Smiling JOe said:
Perhaps his thesis is not on real estate at all, but rather, something related to internet communities and relationships. Then, Shelly would be able to use our funn names. :dunno: Either that, or Shelly is a stock broker who has been hurting for business. Shelly never responded to my earlier post with this guess. If Shelly is writing a thesis, I sure hope he/she actually reads the references which she/he quotes. By the way, Shelly, I think your thesis is subject is much too broad. You should narrow your focus. ;-)
I love to be quoted. Just make sure you know it's 2 m's with an i and 2 n's.
Ok?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
peapod1980 said:
Razz, short for raspberry, you know the funny noise...?
There's a weasel chomping on my privates, by the way.

YAY....I will be :banned: with the PEA!!!!

I bet SHELLY is happy about the Dow hitting 11,000!!! Should we sell all of our real estate and buy stocks now????

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
pk305 said:
Thanks Shelly for your response.....Is it possible that the discussions/opinions, etc on this board are part of your research (thesis) paper?? An experiment of sorts perhaps? Again, very curions.....
Thanks!

No, I wouldn't use any discussions/opinions from this board in my thesis...are you kidding?? (My objective is to get a decent grade.) I do however, on occasion, use the board as a source for links to news/stories about real estate.

It's no surprise that I'm a real estate "bear" (I was a dot.com "bear" as well). I debate the real estate issue because I find the subject interesting and the opposing responses informative. I won't change my writing style or opinion, so I imagine I'll be booted from board because I have a different viewpoint--but it won't be because I used profanity or personally attacked anyone. I understand.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Sueshore said:
I bet SHELLY is happy about the Dow hitting 11,000!!! Should we sell all of our real estate and buy stocks now????

Not really...personally, I hate it when ANY market makes irrational moves--especially on the "up" side. The economy is nuts right now--diversify, diversify, diversify.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SHELLY said:
-but it won't be because I used profanity or personally attacked anyone. I understand.
You personally attacked the State of Florida's Sanitation Inspectors for failing to inspect the electrical systems in the local restaurants. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: