• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Kimmifunn said:
Dan's Old South is what God serves in heaven. I would bathe in those beans. Good lord.

So true. So true. Mr. Seagrover loves the stuff. They don't go very often but it's Dan's everytime.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Kimmifunn said:
1: Start out going NORTH on GARFIELD ST toward LYDIA AVE. 0.1 miles Map

2: Turn LEFT onto PLANN ST. <0.1 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto CR-283. 0.3 miles Map

4: Turn RIGHT onto CR-30A. <0.1 miles Map

5: Turn LEFT onto CR-283. 1.6 miles Map

6: Turn RIGHT onto US-98 E / FL-30 E. Continue to follow US-98 E. 18.4 miles Map

7: End at 17501 Panama City Beach Pkwy
Panama City Beach, FL 32413-2038, US Map

Here's coming from the Red Bar.

Now I have no excuse for missing it!

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
Smiling JOe said:
Sometime around the beginning of July, we are having a BBQ Rib cookoff. :love:

Keep us in the loop on the rib cook-off :boxing: we'll show you some true MEMPHIS style ribs that will leave you :drool:ing!

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
Closer to 30A is 98 Barbecue on, imagine this, Hwy 98, in one of the 2 shopping centers on the north side between 30-A and 393. The pork sandwich (only thing I've had there) is good. Plus, the owners are generous in their support of community events. :clap_1:

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
I have to admit there is no bar-b-que better than Tennessee bar-b-que. The first time I ordered a bar-b-que sandwich after moving to Kentucky, I just about fell out of my chair. The bar-b-que was chopped so fine and it was not on a bun but on toasted bread, (mashed thin). :eek:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Biting my tongue to avoid affending FL natives...

Oh well, here goes anyway...

As a long-time Memphis resident who ate a whole lot of BBQ before moving here, IMHO the best BBQ the panhandle has to offer is just not up to Memphis standards. Tops, Paynes, Interstate, Leonard's, and my favorites Barbeque Shack and Central BBQ, are all better than Dan's or Cocoons. Bless them, they try, but it's not the same.

God help us, nobody outside Memphis really understands the appeal of the barbeque nachos at Autozone Park or the barbeque spaghetti and pizza some of the old-line barbeques offer. We're sick, but we love it.

MKH

Beach Fanatic
May 12, 2005
Memphis, TN/Seacrest Beach, FL
TreeFrog said:
Biting my tongue to avoid affending FL natives...

Oh well, here goes anyway...

As a long-time Memphis resident who ate a whole lot of BBQ before moving here, IMHO the best BBQ the panhandle has to offer is just not up to Memphis standards. Tops, Paynes, Interstate, Leonard's, and my favorites Barbeque Shack and Central BBQ, are all better than Dan's or Cocoons. Bless them, they try, but it's not the same.

God help us, nobody outside Memphis really understands the appeal of the barbeque nachos at Autozone Park or the barbeque spaghetti and pizza some of the old-line barbeques offer. We're sick, but we love it.

I agree, TreeFrog! I don't even look for a BBQ place when I'm not in Memphis. Why bother? You didn't mention Three Little Pigs BBQ on White Station-that's a good one, too.

I'm going to the Redbirds game next Saturday night, and my only dinner plans are for the BBQ nachos from Rendezvous. My husband always wants to share an order, but I'm telling him, get you own!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
jessifunn said:
there is a bbq place in destin that is the owners of some popular one in memphis. i think it is called the commisary or something :dunno:

That's been gone. We were just posting about it.

I have never had BBQ in Memphis but I know that Florida is not the place for BBQ. Several southern states have excellent BBQ but it has always appeared that Memphis has the biggest BBQ snobs. True? Until I go I won't know. :lol: