Is Queen Bee Cupcakes open yet?

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by tide12, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Lake Eastern

Lake Eastern Beach Lover

I'm flashing on "Spatula City" in UH1.

2. r22922

r22922 Beach Comber

Dear Mr. Barrow, it's very disappointing to know that you're this negative about a new business in Seaside.
    I for one think the prices aren't too bad seeing as they are made fresh and aren't right out of the box at Publix.
    Sounds like you'd rather take a road trip to PCB or Destin for a cheaper treat.
    Happy driving!

3. 30ABandMan

30ABandMan Beach Fanatic

Well, I came home and read this and had written a reply that in hindsight I wouldn't have been proud of. I'm glad that my computer locked up!

I'll drop the subject, I certainly don't want to be seen as someone who is against the businesses in Seaside.

I wish you guys well and if the next time we visit my opinion is changed, I'll be sure to mention it here.

dean-

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  4. tide12

tide12 Beach Lover

You're a better and more polite man than I am. His pissy little retort to you doesn't display great business acumen, does it?

5. seaschnells

seaschnells Beach Lover

I asked Queen Bee and here is the answer to the original question. The in-season hours are 11-10 Sunday- Thursday and 11-11 on Friday and Saturday.

6. salidaco

salidaco Beach Lover

I guarantee that response did not come from Queen Bee. Only friendly people there. Asked for a picture to post and here are a few.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

7. salidaco

salidaco Beach Lover

My mouth is watering!!

8. Deli Love

Deli Love Beach Fanatic

The Queen Bee is a doll baby and I am sure she will do just fine. Working the kinks out and surviving this economy are in very capable hands. I can't be a frequent cup cake patron but when my tips are good and the girls come to get me at work, we will be stopping by to lend support!

9. BeachbumAggie

BeachbumAggie Beach Fanatic

We tried the cupcakes towards the end of our trip and we were not overly impressed. There was much less icing than in the pic's above and the cupcake was a little dry and not too special. That said, it was their 1st week of business and I'm sure they're knocking out a lot of kinks.

I'm a pretty good cook and am from a family of great cooks so I'm hard to impress on baked goods so I don't want to be too harsh.

It's a cute place, cupcakes are the rage across the country, and kids loooove cupcakes so I wish them the best of luck!

10. believer

believer Beach Lover

My wife got home and informed me that she had to try a cupcake from QB. She came home raving about how great they are. She got me one too and Im trying not to get icing on my computer as we speak. They are real tasty and where else can you get a cupcake from an Airstream across the st. from the beach.

11. jpbhen

jpbhen Beach Fanatic

Tried a cupcake today for the first time. Will try again another time, another flavor, before reaching any kind of conclusion. My first impression was: cute place, nice staff . . . . SMALL cupcakes!