• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
This is right up my alley. We are closing on 1440 sqft of living space later today, not counting porches.:clap:

I think it will be a good size for us since our last two have been 1022 sqft (too small) and 2370 sqft (too big). Now that I've typed it, I see that it sounds like the Goldilocks and the three bears.. just right ;-)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
This is right up my alley. We are closing on 1440 sqft of living space later today, not counting porches.:clap:

I think it will be a good size for us since our last two have been 1022 sqft (too small) and 2370 sqft (too big). Now that I've typed it, I see that it sounds like the Goldilocks and the three bears.. just right ;-)

:clap:

Our first house was about 1200, and we had Will, 2 dogs and 3 cats packed in it. But Bdarg had gutted the entire house and put it back together to fit us and our needs, so it actually worked better for than the next house, which was 3000+. The current house is just right.;-)

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
:clap:

Our first house was about 1200, and we had Will, 2 dogs and 3 cats packed in it. But Bdarg had gutted the entire house and put it back together to fit us and our needs, so it actually worked better for than the next house, which was 3000+. The current house is just right.;-)

Thanks JDarg. I guess I should add the disclaimer that there are only 2 of us with no pets so smaller is ok!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Thanks JDarg. I guess I should add the disclaimer that there are only 2 of us with no pets so smaller is ok!

Actually, it's not the pets taking up all the space. Will has 2 rooms- a bedroom AND an office.:lol: You know all 14 year olds need an office. We couldn't fit his bed, bookshelves, dresser, desk, computer and gaming stuff, etc. into one room, so he slowly worked his way into the back bedroom too.:roll:

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Actually, it's not the pets taking up all the space. Will has 2 rooms- a bedroom AND an office.:lol: You know all 14 year olds need an office. We couldn't fit his bed, bookshelves, dresser, desk, computer and gaming stuff, etc. into one room, so he slowly worked his way into the back bedroom too.:roll:

I agree that all 14 year olds do need an office, and that back bedroom would be perfect..;-)

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
If one is quite generous when measuring, my dwelling is almost 600 sqr ft. I wish I had a bigger closet, but I (and all of my stuff) still fit quite nicely in that space and guests love it.

There are so many great ways to use small spaces to their full potential, instead of building yet another large and soulless room that serves only one function.

Houses should be customized to fit their owners' needs and lifestyle, regardless of "resale features". The amount of money wasted on "commercial grade" appliances that are only used to heat up takeout & leftovers, spa tubs for people who only take showers, formal dining rooms for people who usually eat in the kitchen and don't have dinner parties, multiple guest rooms w/ private baths that sit unused most of the time........

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Houses should be customized to fit their owners' needs and lifestyle, regardless of "resale features". The amount of money wasted on "commercial grade" appliances that are only used to heat up takeout & leftovers, spa tubs for people who only take showers, formal dining rooms for people who usually eat in the kitchen and don't have dinner parties, multiple guest rooms w/ private baths that sit unused most of the time........

You forgot to mention the gourmet kitchens for people who hate to cook.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
You forgot to mention the gourmet kitchens for people who hate to cook.

That was in the part about the "commercial grade appliances only used to heat up takeout & leftovers".

I don't know who convinces people they need these things, but they are responsible for McMansions!

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Our house came with an alleged formal dining room, but since I couldn't figure out why we'd need another place to put a dining table when we we already had two of them in the breakfast area and the back porch, it ended up being converted into a library/ study instead.

And given a choice, Mr. Mouse would rather eat on the couch while watching television anyways. Sigh.