• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Blue Buffalo sells organic canned and dry food. They have lamb and brown rice and beef with garden veggies and sweet potato.

Blue Buffalo - Natural Canned Food

They sell it at Petco and if you go to the site, they will mail you coupons.

My puppy has had the itchy and scratchies too. I learned online that chicken is a common allergen with dogs. Go figure. :sosad:

I have been eliminating certain foods to see what might be the culprit. I was using Wellness puppy and that had salmon and a bunch of herbs in it. Then I switched to Earthborn Holistic which uses whitefish instead of salmon and has a few less herbs. He is not so itchy anymore. I mix the Blue Buffalo wet food with the dry Earthborn.

I also added digestive enzymes, the same ones people use. It is supposed to help with common food allergens and also aid in digestion. Vets are recommending people add these enzymes because over time dogs have lost them due to processed food, as opposed to them getting them from food in the wild. (which is why some dogs will eat other animals waste) While I am it, I add brewers yeast with garlic and it has added B vitamins. That helps with warding off fleas and ticks. It's an old wives tale, but it can't hurt. People swear by it.

Good luck.

I'll give you another option to go along with all the great advice you are getting here. My groomer rubs a small about of emu oil into the fur after my dogs bath and her skin conditions cleared up in a hurry.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, and Mango, I have a Petco card and get discounts in store. I did not check the Blue Buffalo food, there are so many different foods in there to look at can wise. I really want to find some beef canned food but it has to be minus those certain foods. And Amelia, never heard of Emu Oil but that is interesting. Would be great if I could buy that myself.

Last edited:

ameliaj

Beach Fanatic
Jun 19, 2007
SoSpal (figure it out)/Seacrest
Thanks for all the advice everyone, and Mango, I have a Petco card and get discounts in store. I did not check the Blue Buffalo food, there are so many different foods in there to look at can wise. I really want to find some beef canned food but it has to be minus those certain foods. And Amelia, never heard of Emu Oil but that is interesting. Would be great if I could buy that myself.

I think you can order it on line, and I've seen a sign for an emu place just north of Dothan. I've heard the oil is good for lots of stuff, but it sure worked great on my dog.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Has anyone tried Comfortus on their dog? My Tibetan Terrior has allergies and chews and licks until she is raw and scabby. She was taking allergy shots, benadryl, medicated baths etc. Since I put her on Comfortus, a flea medication you get from your vet, she has not had a problem, unless I run out of the monthly tablet. It works best if I give it to her every three weeks. It is for fleas (and does an amazing job on my four pups), but it is working on Gracie's other allergies. It might be worth a try. It's going on three years that I started using it when the topicals for fleas stopped working. Dr. Barr in Freeport carries the product.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Has anyone tried Comfortus on their dog? My Tibetan Terrior has allergies and chews and licks until she is raw and scabby. She was taking allergy shots, benadryl, medicated baths etc. Since I put her on Comfortus, a flea medication you get from your vet, she has not had a problem, unless I run out of the monthly tablet. It works best if I give it to her every three weeks. It is for fleas (and does an amazing job on my four pups), but it is working on Gracie's other allergies. It might be worth a try. It's going on three years that I started using it when the topicals for fleas stopped working. Dr. Barr in Freeport carries the product.

I have learned of Comfortus from the vet, luckily his allergy test showed no allergy to fleas but that is interesting that it works for your dogs allergies. I will ask the vet about that. Thanks so much.