• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
I can't believe that anyone thinks they are not wasting their vote when they vote third party. it boggles the mind how stubborn people can be about this. I there's a runoff, different story.

By your logic, I am required to pick one of the two slimy candidates to further the two party system. It's people like you, who talk of "wasting votes", who are the problem.

Honest question. Which of Crist's policies made him your candidate?

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
By your logic, I am required to pick one of the two slimy candidates to further the two party system. It's people like you, who talk of "wasting votes", who are the problem.

Honest question. Which of Crist's policies made him your candidate?

I'm just promoting reality, you're ignoring it. It has nothing to do with "people like me" it's just how it is. If you don't look at the numbers of your third party candidate, then you don't have a grasp of the situation. I voted for crist because I think the state should have set up health care exchanges under ACA and Medicaid expansion, as Scott did not. I think it's the right thing to do, not that it affects me personally in any way. I think under Crist that is mnore likely to happen as it did in other such backward states such as Kentucky.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
I'm just promoting reality, you're ignoring it. It has nothing to do with "people like me" it's just how it is. If you don't look at the numbers of your third party candidate, then you don't have a grasp of the situation. I voted for crist because I think the state should have set up health care exchanges under ACA and Medicaid expansion, as Scott did not. I think it's the right thing to do, not that it affects me personally in any way. I think under Crist that is mnore likely to happen as it did in other such backward states such as Kentucky.

I agree with you on this. Florida was 4th in overall applications for the ACA. The benefits of a state exchange outweigh the negatives. This BS Fl Health Choices is basically a discount coverage, or gap coverage, fairly worthless to most people. It does effect me, $1200 a month for a healthy family of four is ridiculous, especially when you have a 4k family deductible.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
You are certainly welcome to your opinion. But your acceptance of the status quo, by defending a two party system that consistently gives us crappy candidates, is a bigger problem than people voting for third party candidates. That's my opinion.

Do you really think Crist could have gotten health care exchanges set up with an R controlled legislature?

EDIT: By the way, health care is another reason I don't vote Republican anymore.

Last edited: