• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
lindabobhat said:
Just remember they melt VERY quickly out in the sun (they were liquid within 10 minutes tops on the day I took some to the pool by our cottage.) So don't bring out too many at once!

Thanks! Although, I think they'll disappear pretty dang quick! I'll make sure we get them in the fridge if not.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
Tootsie said:
Lindabob:

I'm making these for the 4th! thanks for the recipes!!! don't know if I'll be able to find the little cups. if not, I'll just do Kathy's big ole pan of 'em...

The little 3 oz. Dixie cups work in a pinch - just don't fill them all the way.
Make sure you get some berry blue jello to go with the red so your jello shots have a patriotic theme! Happy 4th!

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Allifunn said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: Linda provided tooth picks to run around the cups to loosen the shots!!!! (I found tooth picks all over the place the next morning) :rotfl: :rotfl: The cups were pretty small...so someone:dunno: was able to "shoot" quite a few!

I wonder who that could be? :dunno: I came home and bought jello the next day. I don't like those shooters, I LOVE them. Thanks for the recipes Lindabob. Will try to bring some to the 4th bash if the "teen wolfs" don't suck them all down first.

lindabobhat said:
I recommend using a 4 cup (or larger) clear plastic measuring cup. That way you can mix them and pour right into the little cups. You will also need another smaller measuring cup for the liquor. For all the recipes, I use the small packages of Jello. Start with 1 cup of boiling water in the large measuring cup; add the Jello and stir until it?s all dissolved. Then add the liquor and pour into cups. Refrigerate & serve (takes about 4 hours for them to set.) Each batch makes approximately 20 shots (if you use the smaller 1 oz. plastic cups. I think I bought a case of them at Gordon Food Service a while back. They probably have something similar at Costco or Sam's Club.)
My 21-year-old daughter is very impressed with your Jello shot recipes. She asked for the link. LOL. I had never heard of Jello shots (guess I'm too old school). Definitely will try them!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Beach Runner said:
My 21-year-old daughter is very impressed with your Jello shot recipes. She asked for the link. LOL. I had never heard of Jello shots (guess I'm too old school). Definitely will try them!

I'm sure there is a Youtube video out there somewhere with a Jello shot eating/sucking demonstration!