• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I agree that it's been very good so far and I expect it to continue. I've been following it and still may invest more. But I'm not investing too much -- just enough to make following JOE interesting.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
I saw that. Made me wish I bought more a few weeks ago when i said I was going to do it! But I will very soon. Reuters had a very positive article about JOE this morning on the web (through my Yahoo home page links) - Although as I said earlier, Schwab was more skeptical. I bought in early May.

BrettMan

Beach Comber
Apr 15, 2005
I bought in back in Jan and Feb at an average per share price of $70.11. Over 17% return in six months. Go Joe!!

I think Joe will go well over $100 per share even if land prices do fall as the speculators clear out. Most of the land they own is still on the books for their purchase price ($1-$2 PER ACRE!!!).

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
From Reuters on Yahoo this morning. We'll see...I wouldn't bet my life savings on JOE, but I'm glad I invested what could turn out to be a year of the kids' college someday if JOE continues on this path... (now, what to do about the other 7 years of college since we have two kids...):

NEW YORK, June 19 (Reuters) - The St. Joe Co. (JOE.N: Quote, Profile, Research) , one of Florida's biggest landowners, is poised for strong earnings growth in coming years as more baby boomers scoop up building sites in the Sunshine State, according to analysts interviewed in the June 20 issue of Barron's.
Shares of the Jacksonville, Florida-based company, which sells land and develops residential and commercial properties, have more than doubled to over $80 in the past year, helped by rising housing and land prices in Florida.

Sheila McGrath, an analyst at Ryan Beck & Co., expects St. Joe's profit to jump almost 50 percent in 2005, to $1.65 per share. That compares with $1.11 per share, excluding special items, earned last year.

McGrath expects the company's profit to jump to $2.21 per share in 2006, based on expectations of increased sales of rural acreage, Barron's said.

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
I think I'll short St. Joe--just kidding Landlord (see post under Alys Beach) :laughing1