• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Katrina and oysters

New posts
:eek: My husband ate oysters Sat. nite from Galveston--said they were great-(I don't touch 'em). I hope that twitch he's developed isn't related! :eek:
 
destindreamin said:
:eek: My husband ate oysters Sat. nite from Galveston--said they were great-(I don't touch 'em). I hope that twitch he's developed isn't related! :eek:

I'm sure they were fine. Unless one already has a compromised immune system, you really don't have to worry. Normally, the Texas beds don't open this early, but they may have been forced to do so because of the shortage everywhere else.
 
JB said:
I'm sure they were fine. Unless one already has a compromised immune system, you really don't have to worry. Normally, the Texas beds don't open this early, but they may have been forced to do so because of the shortage everywhere else.
But you never know if you have a compromised immune system. My sister was training for a marathon, and she got CMV from overtraining. She wasn't even allowed into the Gulf after Hurricane Dennis. So even well-trained, presumably healthy athletes can have compromised immune systems from overtraining and not know it.
 
JB said:
I'm sure they were fine. Unless one already has a compromised immune system, you really don't have to worry. Normally, the Texas beds don't open this early, but they may have been forced to do so because of the shortage everywhere else.

I'm sure they were too..I was just kidding. He had them last week too in a different restaurant, we asked where they were from--again, Galveston. The bartender showed us the "tag", said they have to keep it at the bar while they are serving the particular bag from whence they came. I never knew that :idontno: ..interesting--good idea I guess.
 
"He was a bold man that first eat an oyster."--Jonathan Swift
 
destindreamin said:
"He was a bold man that first eat an oyster."--Jonathan Swift

Probably not so bold as hungry. Maybe the first person to eat a raw oyster lost a bet. I wonder how many people died from eating them before they finally determined how to properly handle them.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Probably not so bold as hungry. Maybe the first person to eat a raw oyster lost a bet. I wonder how many people died from eating them before they finally determined how to properly handle them.

I just wonder how they got past how they LOOK???? :eek:
 
:puke:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top