• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
To those of you that read the story about George and Ann having to change the name of Mi Cocina I would like to tell you the truth about why they had to change the name. I am from Dallas and was the first to call my friends at M Crowd Restaurant group to alert them about this restaurant using their name. Mico who is the owner of M Crowd was shocked and very upset that this organization would degrade his lifes work by stealing his name. George and Ann put in the post about how they are "friends" with Mico and the M crowd group when in fact this organization had no idea who these people were until I alerted them. It is a shame that the Hartley's must lie about trying to steal the name of the best Tex Mex food in Dallas. Mico and I just really felt strongly about setting the record straight. If anyone has any questions or would like to speak with Mico or anyone at M Crowd about the real story please feel free to give them a call. 972-960-7774 Thank you to those of you that can see the truth in this matter.

Do you really think anyone here cares about the goings on at your typical tex-mex chainer in Dallas?

Perhaps the crew at M Crowd should keep their ojos on the ball in Dallas and stop worrying about irrelevancies. These reviews are inconsistent.
Mi Cocina - Dallas, TX

Desso

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2008
Oh the humanity... a real tragedy. I called and spoke to the M Crowd and alerted them to the dozens of Mi Cocinas around the United States. I told them to start in Michigan, Wisconsin, New York, California, etc., etc. Tonto.

Any new reviews on La Cocina?

My mom is wanting to take me for my birthday dinner. Sooo...any recent review updates. All I see is from a couple months back when things were still rocky. I have been wanting to go since I heard they were opening but have held off!

I LOVE mexican food! Help me out...is it worth the birthday dinner trip to check it out?

murphee

Beach Comber
We have been several times as well. In fact we have visited the area 3 times in the last month or so, and have been there at least once evey time. We liked it a lot and plan to go back.

BeachBebe

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
We have been several times as well. In fact we have visited the area 3 times in the last month or so, and have been there at least once evey time. We liked it a lot and plan to go back.

We've been a couple of times this summer with a large family group and enjoyed both visits. Very late on the night of our last visit, Mr. Bebe realized that he had left an expensive camera on his chair. Needless to say, he was back very early the next day, and very grateful that it had been kept safe and sound.

gscunn

Beach Comber
Jun 5, 2009
George & Ann,

I live in Tennessee, but we own a home in Seagrove, so I am not just a tourist. We do not rent our home, so we are here at least once a month every month. My family and I have been coming here for over 10 years and have owned this home for 3 years. We have eaten at your other restaurants, so we knew La Cocina's food should be great. We visited La Cocina last December for the first time. The food and service were great! We love Mexican food and were use to going to Cantina in Sandestin, so we were excited that you had opened this tex-mex restaurant closer to our home here. I now would like to make a formal complaint: 1) Don't advertise (sign out by 30 A) Happy Hour if you don't offer it! 2) This is a tourist area and many people travel together, so split the checks even if the servers have to figure it themselves. 3) The customers are always RIGHT. I own a retail business in Nashville and I try to always make my customers happy so that they will continue to shop with me. In this economy, you need your customers to keep shopping with you. 4) Why the 20% gratuity for parties of 6 or more? What happened to 18%? I visited La Cocina the first week of March with my son & a friend. The service & food were again great. We had Happy Hour drinks & our server split the check for us. The rest of my family arrived the next week, so we visited La Cocina again. The server informed us there was no Happy Hour even though the sign advertised it. He was rude and argumentative. If you advertise something, you should honor it!! Ironically Happy Hour was advertised as 4-6. You did not open until 5. The chips were stale and stuck together, the food tasted like it had been under a warming lamp & the ice tea was old. Then came the check. He would not split the check until I told him the server the week before had and he had added that 20%, which he did not deserve. He didn't even deserve 18% which usually customary. My son is a server and I always tip well if they have earned it. I understand you have to add a tip to larger parties, but not 20%. It wasn't like the restaurant was crowded ( we arrived at 5) and we had a party of 7. He infuriated me so much, that I have vowed I would never eat at any of your restaurants again! Make your customers HAPPY!! I wish you all the best, but you will only get negative reviews from me. I have many friends that come here and I have now told them to visit Cantina in Sandestin.:angry:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
George & Ann,

I live in Tennessee, but we own a home in Seagrove, so I am not just a tourist. We do not rent our home, so we are here at least once a month every month. My family and I have been coming here for over 10 years and have owned this home for 3 years. We have eaten at your other restaurants, so we knew La Cocina's food should be great. We visited La Cocina last December for the first time. The food and service were great! We love Mexican food and were use to going to Cantina in Sandestin, so we were excited that you had opened this tex-mex restaurant closer to our home here. I now would like to make a formal complaint: 1) Don't advertise (sign out by 30 A) Happy Hour if you don't offer it! 2) This is a tourist area and many people travel together, so split the checks even if the servers have to figure it themselves. 3) The customers are always RIGHT. I own a retail business in Nashville and I try to always make my customers happy so that they will continue to shop with me. In this economy, you need your customers to keep shopping with you. 4) Why the 20% gratuity for parties of 6 or more? What happened to 18%? I visited La Cocina the first week of March with my son & a friend. The service & food were again great. We had Happy Hour drinks & our server split the check for us. The rest of my family arrived the next week, so we visited La Cocina again. The server informed us there was no Happy Hour even though the sign advertised it. He was rude and argumentative. If you advertise something, you should honor it!! Ironically Happy Hour was advertised as 4-6. You did not open until 5. The chips were stale and stuck together, the food tasted like it had been under a warming lamp & the ice tea was old. Then came the check. He would not split the check until I told him the server the week before had and he had added that 20%, which he did not deserve. He didn't even deserve 18% which usually customary. My son is a server and I always tip well if they have earned it. I understand you have to add a tip to larger parties, but not 20%. It wasn't like the restaurant was crowded ( we arrived at 5) and we had a party of 7. He infuriated me so much, that I have vowed I would never eat at any of your restaurants again! Make your customers HAPPY!! I wish you all the best, but you will only get negative reviews from me. I have many friends that come here and I have now told them to visit Cantina in Sandestin.:angry:

Save the drive and check out the Cantina over in Pier Park, happy hour is everyday and year round.