• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Re: Las Vegas Restaurants

Do you have a preference for a certain kind of food?

Steaks, seafood, Japanese, French, burgers (In & Out is the only place)?

Also...do you have any plans for after dinner (and BEFORE the dessert ;-) ) such as a show. In which case you'll need to keep your timing and commute in mind.

Last edited:

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA

Do you have a preference for a certain kind of food?

Steaks, seafood, Japanese, French, burgers (In & Out is the only place)?

Also...do you have any plans for after dinner (and BEFORE the dessert ;-) ) such as a show. In which case you'll need to keep your timing and commute in mind.

We tend to like Mediterranean food. Simple seafood dishes. We almost always order the fish where ever we go. Italian, French without heavy sauces, restaurants with an Asia twist are usually good for us. My husband is from Spain. We love spanish food. But not pseudo-spanish tapas. We joke that there aren't any good spanish restaurants in the US because Spaniards don't want to leave Spain!

No plans for before or after dinner. Or at least not any fit to print. ;-) We are going to see the cirque show "O" another night and we are meeting up with some friends from LA for a "see and be seen" party at the Palm. So this night, it's just us. . . on a date. . . .without the kids. . . .

And I'm not really getting him a present, so I was hoping to impress him with my choice of restaurants. :D

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

Hogo's? I'll check it out.

Fremont St. light show -- I'll put it on my list.

Hugo's is a step back to Vintage Vegas (the way I like it--service with style and panache in a comfortable, Vegas-retro setting) and "refreshingly different" from the upscale, phru-phru places on the strip. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but if you're looking for a "Vegas experience" the style of the strip restaurants, although beautiful and classy, are generic to places in NY, Chicago and LA.

If you decide to try Hugo's, suggest you make reservations ASAP (you can do it on line) it's a pretty popular place with a following.

Wherever you go, you'll have a great time I'm sure.

<P.S. Put $20 straight-up on 00 in my name, thanks :cool: >

hutch

Beach Lover

Rosemary's the BEST. I have eaten there several time while on business in Vegas and have never had a bad meal. Great food and services. Located about 35 minutes drive from strip. Please try it and you will fall in love with this place. Funny thing, you will never believe this resturant could be any good for it location, but it Rated #1 in Vegas year after year by other diners.

8125 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89117 ? 702-869-2251

More Details

Alcohol Served

Beer, Liquor, Wine

Ambiance

Romantic

Cuisine

American, New American

Dress

Business Casual

Features

Bar / Lounge, Bar Dining, Parties / Private Rooms, Smoking (bar only), Take Out

Meals

Business Dinner, Business Lunch, Dinner, Lunch

Menu Type

Prix Fixe, Tasting Menu

Reservations

Recently review. A big secret in Vegas.
Recommended / Suggested
WEST LAS VEGAS. A labor of love for husband-and-wife team Michael and Wendy Jordan, Rosemary's ranks as one of Las Vegas's most applauded restaurants. Despite a strip-mall setting and a location removed from the Strip, the place gets tons of attention, and deservedly so. The menu has a strong Southern slant, as evidenced by a signature appetizer of barbecued shrimp over Maytag blue cheese slaw. Additional temptations include grilled veal tenderloin, brick chicken, and a kicky crispy-skin striped bass. Elegant postprandial drinks are a satisfying treat, as are impressive selections of wines and beers.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

the hutch

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA

Rosemary's the BEST. I have eaten there several time while on business in Vegas and have never had a bad meal. Great food and services. Located about 35 minutes drive from strip. Please try it and you will fall in love with this place. Funny thing, you will never believe this resturant could be any good for it location, but it Rated #1 in Vegas year after year by other diners.

Rosemary's is EXACTLY our style. And they have 50% off bottles of wine on Sunday's - can't beat that! (Since we are going on a sunday!) The only problem is that we won't have a car. 35 minutes might be a long cab ride. I might call the restaurant and see what they think.

Thanks Hutch!