• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
mmmmmmm... Sowal goooooooood.....mundane existence in Orlando baaaaaaad!!!

tylerT

Beach Lover
Nov 22, 2005
Real estate threads really cause a stir huh - everybody around here is so sensitive about it.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
tylerT said:
Real estate threads really cause a stir huh - everybody around here is so sensitive about it.

Welcome tylerT and Psssssssssssssssssssssssss! Are you from Texas perchance?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Beach Runner said:
Whoa, what a thread! Unfortunately, I don't have time to read it all until after Thanksgiving.

Oh yeah BR...this one was a real doozy! Might not help you digest a good meal though!!!

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
gotothebeachmom said:
It's not just a beach to most of the folks on this board. So never feel the need to speak for most of us here. It was never our intention to become "flippers". We did buy because we love it there. Point well taken that the beaches have taken a beating. However, you don't stop loving something you love beacause it's not as "pretty" as it used to be. Mother Nature takes away, and she gives back. I for one am willing to wait it out. I will continue to do what I can to contribute to the community and will take care of the beaches and dunes as if they were one of my children.

If you don't like and appreciate the beauty and the community, last I heard Delta is ready when you are. I'm sure we could take a collection to cover the airfare and a free ride to to the airport. Happy Trails to you!
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Well put GTTBM, Sueshore, Mermaid and the rest of you....my hat is off to you!!! My family and I love Sowal and when we buy there in the next few years, it will be for US! We want to build memories there that can be passed down to our children's families. We will probably buy a smaller place at first, then sell to buy a bigger place. If we make a profit... fine. But the REAL reason for purchasing there in the first place is the LOVE of the beaches...of Sowal and the sense of community there. The place, The people!

Last edited by a moderator:

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Treasures come in many forms, and a peaceful walk on a beautiful beach happens to be one of many treasures which I value. [/QUOTE]

Right On SJ!!!! :clap_1:

Can I use this quote??????

Last edited by a moderator:

monty

Beach Comber
Nov 23, 2005
Beach Runner said:
Whoa, what a thread! Unfortunately, I don't have time to read it all until after Thanksgiving.

Wow, I agree. Lots of really angry people. And, lots of people that seem to have lots of time on their hands with thousands of posts to this site.

Seems like people really get their dander up on many of these threads--especially the real estate threads. Maybe all you folks ought to calm down and let people have their own opinions. This site is great for information, but the name calling and nastiness really makes it ugly.