• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Why does the TDC have the right to drive on private property, no matter who or what funds them?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
P7100069sm.jpg

Old Florida Beach (adjacent and west of The Retreat) on a busy summer day

P7100020sm.jpg

The Retreat, on a busy summer day.
(No signs regarding tresspassing posted, except at the entrances to the walkovers, and no security guard on duty)

P7100005sm.jpg

these people had just been told to move off the beach (dry) at the Inn at Blue Mtn Beach by the shirtless guy wearing green shorts & visor.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Another issue in SOWAL....? I can see it it now, a beach access disclosure we wil have to have clients fill out.

[and before]......

Good Points SJ. Could be where this thread should end. Let the courts decide!

Degummit Bobby J, how is this thread going to end when you keep posting???:D

Seriously, about your comment, "Let the courts decide!". I sort of asked you earlier if you were coordinating a legal assault. How is the court going to decide unless a suit is brought against an "offending" property owner?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Wow, look at all those poor people at the Retreat who can't find a spot because Joe Q. Public is there!

Oh, wait...............that's just 2 empty chairs on a vacant beach!

It's mine, so you can't use it....................even though I'm not using it! :angry:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Wow, look at all those poor people at the Retreat who can't find a spot because Joe Q. Public is there!

Oh, wait...............that's just 2 empty chairs on a vacant beach!

It's mine, so you can't use it....................even though I'm not using it! :angry:

To be completely fair to the peeps in The Retreat, later that day, I did see one lonely (cute) girl sitting all alone in the wet sand, with waves washing up on her.
P7100023sm.jpg

P7100044sm.jpg

The Retreat - from the far western end looking east (on a busy summer day) Still no security guard in sight.

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
To be completely fair to the peeps in The Retreat, later that day, I did see one lonely (cute) girl sitting all alone in the wet sand, with waves washing up on her. She could have been very content, but I saw the look of lonliness on her face.

She was pining for the riff raff to come play with her.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
these people had just been told to move off the beach (dry) at the Inn at Blue Mtn Beach by the shirtless guy wearing green shorts & visor.
Undercover beach patrol? I was expecting a big old' dude with a badge and all. I guess you never know who's watching you.

SJ, one thing I agree with big time (assuming you do) is that the Retreat should post signs saying no trespassing if there truly are no signs. This would, at minimum, spare a lot of people a lot of embarassment (or worse)....unless you're there to make a statement!;-)

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
To be completely fair to the peeps in The Retreat, later that day, I did see one lonely (cute) girl sitting all alone in the wet sand, with waves washing up on her. She could have been very content, but I saw the look of lonliness on her face.
:rotfl:
SJ, it's definitely your turn to be funny today! Good one!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SJ, one thing I agree with big time (assuming you do) is that the Retreat should post signs saying no trespassing if there truly are no signs. This would, at minimum, spare a lot of people a lot of embarassment (or worse)....unless you're there to make a statement!;-)

Please don't assume that. I only point out the observation that by the placement of the private property signs only on the dunes and at the entrances to the walkovers, they don't seem to be marking the beach as their own private property.

The last thing I want to see is private property signs on the beach.