• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Jul 16, 2007
Bobby, he's KILLING me!!!! :rotfl:

FROM AGO 2002 - SEE ON WWW.PUBLICSHORE.COM

"This office rejected the proposal to authorize local law enforcement officers to be designated as the agents of private persons."

"...the Florida Constitution prohibits the use of public funds for a private purpose.[21] The pre-authorization of on-duty law enforcement officers to act as agents of private landowners in warning individuals to leave private property appeared to this office to serve primarily a private, not public, purpose."

I'M STILL WAITING VAGRANT.....are police breaking the law by assisting these owners in the arrest on 'their land'?

You tell me, won't ya
You're the ex-cop from up north, right?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
FROM AGO 2002 - SEE ON WWW.PUBLICSHORE.COM

"This office rejected the proposal to authorize local law enforcement officers to be designated as the agents of private persons."

This is the THIRD time I'll say this for the benefit of GG who probably has not read the previous posts and for the benefit of Bobby J who refuses to understand what "acting as an owner's agent" means.

If a sheriff goes around looking for trespassers, then the sheriff is acting an owner's agent.

If the sheriff is called by the owner to enforce the law, i.e. trespassing, then the sheriff is simply doing that.

Bobby, you're a local. To continually imply that the deputies are acting as "owner's agents" is simply disrespectful.

Think about it before you reply.

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
These are good questions and ones I would be asking myself if I were you. What will you do once it is proven their is no such thing as a private beach?
Yes they are good questions, thank you.

If the court determines that there are no longer private beaches, then I will simply abide by the law.

Jul 16, 2007
Bobby, you're a local. To continually imply that the deputies are acting as "owner's agents" is simply disrespectful.

Think about it before you reply.

Vagrant - You are the ex-cop? Say you're not. Vagrant got a name?

Why should I debate this with you when you willnever ever say anything objective about law enforcement?

Please don't waist my time and please don't assume anything

Nuf said. If there is anyone else other than VAGRANT wanting me to respond, I will do my best. VAGRANT, all the best pal, but I see right through ya

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Quick question - if the legality of the sheriff removing "trespassers" from "private" beaches is questionable because they are not supposed to be "owner's agents", how is it okay for them to be in uniform and in marked squad cars when they are off duty and being paid as private security?

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Vagrant - You are the ex-cop? Say you're not. Vagrant got a name?

Why should I debate this with you when you willnever ever say anything objective about law enforcement?

Please don't waist my time and please don't assume anything

Nuf said. If there is anyone else other than VAGRANT wanting me to respond, I will do my best. VAGRANT, all the best pal, but I see right through ya
GG,

I put it out there as simply and succinctly as I possibly could regarding deputies acting as owner's agents. Why are you so hostile to facts? Please, I beg you, to show me the error in my explanation regarding "owner's agents". You (and Bobby) bring it up over and over and still I can not see the error of my post nor any explanation from you that would help me.

I know there are others out there who understand this simple concept.

So if you continue to insist that deputies are acting as owner's agents, then you should report this to the county attorney, county commission and the Florida Attorney General because it is ILLEGAL for the sheriff to act as an owner's agent....
Edited....per Scooterbug's valid post: .....while ON DUTY (not being compensated for off-duty services such as traffic control, funerals, etc.).

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2007
Scooter - The way your police handle themselves is a reflection of the Sheriff and the community

There are obviously practices that are tolerated that could be considered questionable, but what is the big picture?

There are many locations nationally and internationally that conflicts arise. Your area is not special

We, the population other that yourselves (the local population), will choose whether we want to support your community or not. With dollars both private and government.
Less funds = higher taxes = ouch

The power of news and information over the internet shouln't be underestimated and should be utilized to the fullest - Its a wonderful thing

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
I meant as the upland owner, refering to the owners along the coastline, not beyond the coastline
Graham - where did you get that quote from me. I never said that second line about givng a damn about the Panhandle. Why did you put that in there? That's a misquote.