• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If it's the latter, could not the same "logic" be applied to people on the beach? If there are no signs on the beach, then the public assumes the beach is public and uses it in that manner.

BUT

Since there are deeds recorded at the county that state particular gulf front lots own to the MHW line and everyone is now an expert on "trespassing", shouldn't the public have been aware that IF and WHEN they walked on private property, that they were trespassing? Was this the "right" thing to do?

I don't want to keep posting the same information over and over again. I've already posted (maybe on one of the other threads if not this one) information from FloridaBar.org, stating that the sandy beach property, even if privately owned, is different regarding property rights, from the upland portion of the property. So, the answer to your questions are:
no,
no,
the last question is vague since "this," is an unidentified subject. Was it right for the property owner, the security guard, Sheriff's Deputy, or people who want to lie on the beach? Too many choices.

Jul 16, 2007
Okay Yippie, that makes you #2 my "no response list"

No wonder you have these issues up there. Your medication wears off around midday and the drug store is closed until after siesta

ROALMNAO

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The Retreat should have to pay for all their frivilous phone calls.

Interesting thought. The County Commissioners were recently working on a lighting ordinance for WalCo. They said that if a person called in a complaint of a possible lighting ordinance violation and the Code Enforement guys investigated the complaint and found the property not to be in violation, the next call for the same complaint, would be charged to the person making the complaint, and I'm sure that after hours visits from the Code Enforcement could be expensive.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Scooter - The way your police handle themselves is a reflection of the Sheriff and the community

There are obviously practices that are tolerated that could be considered questionable, but what is the big picture?

There are many locations nationally and internationally that conflicts arise. Your area is not special

We, the population other that yourselves (the local population), will choose whether we want to support your community or not. With dollars both private and government.
Less funds = higher taxes = ouch

The power of news and information over the internet shouln't be underestimated and should be utilized to the fullest - Its a wonderful thing
The big picture is that I am a local on a local message board asking questions pertinent to local events, local law enforcement policies, local rules and regulations etc.

While the issues will ultimately be decided at a higher level and a more removed location, I am more concerned with the here and now, and its impact on this highly specialized & unique community.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Okay Yippie, that makes you #2 my "no response list"

No wonder you have these issues up there. Your medication wears off around midday and the drug store is closed until after siesta

ROALMNAO

How rude. The quote you added to was my quote #564. It says nothing about not giving a damn about the Panhandle.

So you are a realtor from Naples. Are you experiencing these same problems? Oh, I forgot, I have to go take my medication...:D

Jul 16, 2007
Yes, I am a lot of things, but mostly very concerned about beach access and the use of beaches by the public.

I gave my name on this blog for no particular reason, I have nothing to hide. Google away, its for all to see.

These blogs serve a useful purpose. We have our own here with similar participation and similar comments. We all have fun and blow off steam and it seldom gets outa control.

I have other issues locally, as you can immagine, Naples is a coastal area with some grumpy issues, that we try to deal with without bloodshed. We hope you manage to fix your problems there and my website will remain a source of information in the future

It's been a blast. I wish all of this Panhandle area the best and to trust in the law.

Goodbye and farewell

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I've been reading a bit of Florida Law and am slightly confused with a couple of definitions. I don't need the definitions repeated, as I am able to read. I just need them explained. What is the difference in Civil Trespass and Criminal Trespass? :dunno:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local