• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
BMBV, you may not know this, but Realtors work as independent contractors, in most cases. Just because someone else in a company where Bobby chooses to hang his license, decides to sell properties in WC, Rosemary, Seaside, etc, doesn't mean that Bobby J has the same beliefs and philosophies as the other agents. If that were the case, everyone in my office would be identical, and that is far from reality.

SJ, since you feel the need to speak for Bobby (and all the other "Realtors" in SoWal) , let's clarify something here:

We're not talk about individuality, philosophy and all that feel good stuff that you suggest. I'm simply and directly pointing out that Bobby's organization is profiting from the sale of private beach property in areas that are now notorious for posting "no trespassing" signs.

Two things I truly hate in this world....
Obstruction and/or confiscation of private property rights and hypocrisy.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Goodwitch, are you referring to the seawalls being built on public land? Andy points out the key words, but even more key is the word, "below." Sovereign Lands comes into play when the State and County extend the beach, seaward of the MHWM. I believe that is a different issue than the customary use of beach by the public.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Andy A, BeachSiO2 has some info, including a definitive definition of MHWM. I think I remember reading that it is a moving average line which is taken over a 13 year period of time (or something like that).

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
Andy A, BeachSiO2 has some info, including a definitive definition of MHWM. I think I remember reading that it is a moving average line which is taken over a 13 year period of time (or something like that).
FLORIDA STATUTES
CHAPTER 177, PART II
COASTAL MAPPING ACT

177.27 Definitions
(14) "Mean high water" means the average height of the high waters over a 19-year period. For shorter periods of observation, "mean high water" means the average height of the high waters after corrections
are applied to eliminate known variations and to reduce the result to the equivalent of a mean 19-year value.
(15)"Mean high-water line" means the intersection of the tidal plane of mean high water with the shore.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
SJ, since you feel the need to speak for Bobby (and all the other "Realtors" in SoWal) , let's clarify something here:

We're not talk about individuality, philosophy and all that feel good stuff that you suggest. I'm simply and directly pointing out that Bobby's organization is profiting from the sale of private beach property in areas that are now notorious for posting "no trespassing" signs.

Two things I truly hate in this world....
Obstruction and/or confiscation of private property rights and hypocrisy.

Thanks for pointing out things you hate. My grandma always says their are two sides to every story. From my side, nothing I have posted should be bothering you. In order to have obstruction/confiscation you have to own it. You don't. You can't. See customary use. As far as hypocrisy goes, I am an independent contractor (As SJ Stated). I was still hoping you could help me find a RE company that is not involved in the areas you mention. I might add I am not personally involved in any of those areas. You seem to like to do homework on me so maybe you should check "me" out before you go accusing.

John

Beach Fanatic
Dec 3, 2005
SoWal
Would discussion forums be this nasty if everyone was required to tell us who they really are? Anonymity sure seems to promote harsh language, not civil discourse.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Would discussion forums be this nasty if everyone was required to tell us who they really are? Anonymity sure seems to promote harsh language, not civil discourse.

One of the great things about this board is people will say things that they would not ordinarily say to your face. You learn a lot more this way. :D

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006

Probably not, but what I have learned is that people are not nearly as anonymous as they think they are :D

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I guess I didn't look far enough for MHWL. Thank you. Also, it still seems pretty nebulous to me.