• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Bobby J, doesn't the real estate company that you're affiliated with, represent properties in the following areas....

Rosemary Beach
Seaside
Watercolor
Blue Mountain Beach and others?

You should know exactly why I ask.

Seems like you still want your cake and eat it too. And now you're resorting to intimidation.

Just seems to me that you are showing a very unprofessional side of yourself. I'm really sorry things are degrading to this when I sincerely hoped in a previous post from me to you that "we" could get along during this "evolutionary" process.

The lawyers will fight this out...not you or me. Try to understand this.

What has this to do with anything? Have you played all your cards already? This appears to be the graspings of someone who's logic has left the room. Go to sleep now... The nurse will be up later with your rice pudding.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Commissioner Jones was on the news a minute ago, and he stated that they were just trying to do the right thing and keep what has historically been used by the public open to the public. That isn't verbatim, but close to it. Keep in mind that this same attorney who is now presenting a potential ordinance, was basically told two meetings ago to chill out and that the County was just beginning to look at their options of any actions which they might want to consider. I think they will quickly shut him down again. Just my guess. Please feel free to send some emails to all five County Commissioners before their meeting tomorrow. If you want to keep the beach public, let the Commissioners clearly understand that.

Edit: update on the 6 O'Clock news:They also interviewed another property owner in Blue Mtn Beach (I have no idea if she owns Gulf Front), who stated that she used to be a tourist and that she now lives here. She just wants the tourists to clean up after themselves. Amen, sister! ...but you don't have to own Gulf front to think like that. I'm guessing that she just happened to be in the yard when the news truck drove by, and doesn't represent the people who are wanting to suddenly make the beaches private.

Also on this clip is Commissioner Larry Jones stating something along the lines of:

Just because you have a deed, doesn't make you entitled to the rights you might have with another deed.

I don't always agree with Commissioner Larry Jones, but I can say that I do think he has a genuine concern for all areas of Walton County, even though he lives in NoBay (North of the Bay). He was also the Commissioner who pushed for the dark imported dirt to be removed from the beach, replaced with whiter sand. I certainly hope the other Commissioners are in agreement with him in this case.

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
I am not trying to intimidate anyone. I feel the process will work its way out. It will just work its way out a lot faster if someone comes over and ask me to move. Try to understand this. My cake and eat it too...? Do we only get along if I agree with you? Do you feel I have a lot to lose posting on an open forum? Why would I do such a thing? You say unprofessional. I say passionate. I am protecting something far more important then my RE license.

Not sure why you want to bring up my work? I simply believe the beaches are for all to enjoy and there is no such thing as a "private beach". My office may disagree with me. I have never asked. They invited me to come work with them because I offer a little different angle on the market then they do. I have no ideal what their position on "private beaches" is.

I will say that I do not mean to direct the plopping my a** comment at you personally. It is a comment to anyone that ask me to leave a spot on my beach.

Bobby, I think you did miss on what I was trying to get across. It had nothing to do with your RE license. Nothing you are doing here would jeopardize it, IMO.

You clearly define yourself as one who makes a living selling real estate. Again, I remind you that your organization explicitly claims that they sell property in many of the well known "private" beaches including, notably, Rosemary and Seaside.

It is now well known that Rosemary and Seaside (among others) have established no trespassing signs on their beach.

If you're so "passionate" as one reader commented, then why do you continue to be affiliated with any organization that profits on anything or anyone that promotes the idea of private beaches?

Now this would be a low blow if I were to say to you, "Is it all about the money?", as someone asked me in the past regarding private property rights.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Commissioner Jones was on the news a minute ago, and he stated that they were just trying to do the right thing and keep what has historically been used by the public open to the public. That isn't verbatim, but close to it. Keep in mind that this same attorney who is now presenting a potential ordinance, was basically told two meetings ago to chill out and that the County was just beginning to look at their options of any actions which they might want to consider. I think they will quickly shut him down again. Just my guess. Please feel free to send some emails to all five County Commissioners before their meeting tomorrow. If you want to keep the beach public, let the Commissioners clearly understand that.

Edit: update on the 6 O'Clock news:They also interviewed another property owner in Blue Mtn Beach (I have no idea if she owns Gulf Front), who stated that she used to be a tourist and that she now lives here. She just wants the tourists to clean up after themselves. Amen, sister! ...but you don't have to own Gulf front to think like that. I'm guessing that she just happened to be in the yard when the news truck drove by, and doesn't represent the people who are wanting to suddenly make the beaches private.

Also on this clip is Commissioner Larry Jones stating something along the lines of:

Just because you have a deed, doesn't make you entitled to the rights you might have with another deed.

I don't always agree with Commissioner Larry Jones, but I can say that I do think he has a genuine concern for all areas of Walton County, even though he lives in NoBay (North of the Bay). He was also the Commissioner who pushed for the dark imported dirt to be removed from the beach, replaced with whiter sand. I certainly hope the other Commissioners are in agreement with him in this case.

Just wonderful. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

SJ, remember when Jones said he didn't see any problem with a single gulf front lot owner who continuously invited over 300 people on to their property regardless of what affect or impact it would have on the neighborhood...all this during a heated BCC meeting early this year? Parking, noise, trash, etc. didn't seem to phase Mr. Jones.

And so it was with this comment that he justified the approval of Redfish Village's use of a single lot in a residential neighborhood.

Didn't you think this whole RFV thing was a bad move on the BCC's part? If so, why do you think Jones' true interest in the beach now parallels yours?

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Bobby, I think you did miss on what I was trying to get across. It had nothing to do with your RE license. Nothing you are doing here would jeopardize it, IMO.

You clearly define yourself as one who makes a living selling real estate. Again, I remind you that your organization explicitly claims that they sell property in many of the well known "private" beaches including, notably, Rosemary and Seaside.

It is now well known that Rosemary and Seaside (among others) have established no trespassing signs on their beach.

If you're so "passionate" as one reader commented, then why do you continue to be affiliated with any organization that profits on anything or anyone that promotes the idea of private beaches?

Now this would be a low blow if I were to say to you, "Is it all about the money?", as someone asked me in the past regarding private property rights.

Are you stalking me? Maybe you could recommend where I should sell RE. I promise you it is not all about the money for me. You?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Just wonderful. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

SJ, remember when Jones said he didn't see any problem with a single gulf front lot owner who continuously invited over 300 people on to their property regardless of what affect or impact it would have on the neighborhood...all this during a heated BCC meeting early this year? Parking, noise, trash, etc. didn't seem to phase Mr. Jones.

And so it was with this comment that he justified the approval of Redfish Village's use of a single lot in a residential neighborhood.

Didn't you think this whole RFV thing was a bad move on the BCC's part? If so, why do you think Jones' true interest in the beach now parallels yours?
I don't recall specifically what Comm Jones said about Redfish Village. Let's say that he did say what you write above. Do you disagree with Comm Jones' comment, and think that a private property owner shouldn't be allowed to invite 300 people to his or her property as often as he or she likes? It sounds to me like the statement would actually align with your thoughts of protection of private property.

If you go back four prior posts and read my comments, you will note that I said that I don't always agree with Comm. Jones. I'm not sure what kind of mini-movies you are creating in your mind, nor if you ever bothered to read what I wrote about the approval of four major developments in Blue Mtn Beach, one with a Gulf front bathroom lot within a residentially-zoned subdivision.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
BMBV, you may not know this, but Realtors work as independent contractors, in most cases. Just because someone else in a company where Bobby chooses to hang his license, decides to sell properties in WC, Rosemary, Seaside, etc, doesn't mean that Bobby J has the same beliefs and philosophies as the other agents. If that were the case, everyone in my office would be identical, and that is far from reality.

Last edited:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
FLORIDA CONSTITUTION:
SECTION 11. Sovereignty lands.?The title to lands under navigable waters, within the boundaries of the state, which have not been alienated, including beaches below mean high water lines, is held by the state, by virtue of its sovereignty, in trust for all the people. Sale of such lands may be authorized by law, but only when in the public interest. Private use of portions of such lands may be authorized by law, but only when not contrary to the public interest.

So, wouldn't the State of Florida have a say in the ownership of the lands? Not the County?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
FLORIDA CONSTITUTION:
SECTION 11. Sovereignty lands.?The title to lands under navigable waters, within the boundaries of the state, which have not been alienated, including beaches below mean high water lines, is held by the state, by virtue of its sovereignty, in trust for all the people. Sale of such lands may be authorized by law, but only when in the public interest. Private use of portions of such lands may be authorized by law, but only when not contrary to the public interest.

So, wouldn't the State of Florida have a say in the ownership of the lands? Not the County?
The key here are the words "mean high water lines". Try as I might, I can't find a definitive definition of the "mean high water line". It varies from day to day. I also believe there are some "rights" that supersede those set forth in a real estate deed. At least I hope so, or my 21 years of service to my country, at least in my case, was based totally on false premises.