• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Here is an excerpt from the Aug 13, 2002 BCC meeting minutes. It is on the county's website.

Commissioner Pauls brought up the issue of the public?s right to traverse the beach due to a recent incident between a member of the public and a beachfront homeowner. .......

Interesting that you would bring up Commissioner Pauls' name here by reference.

You do remember when he barricaded a piece of property owned by him to prevent continued school bus access to the Butler school?

http://www.redorbit.com/news/educat...school_bus_access_deal_ends_fight_that_began/

I guess he was just defending his private property rights.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Interesting that you would bring up Commissioner Pauls' name here by reference.

You do remember when he barricaded a piece of property owned by him to prevent continued school bus access to the Butler school?

http://www.redorbit.com/news/educat...school_bus_access_deal_ends_fight_that_began/

I guess he was just defending his private property rights.
and if the BCC tries to stop the public from sunbathing on the beach in Walton County, I will baracade the road which was built on my property, and tell the BCC to shove it. Maybe I'll even hire an excavator to remove it.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
and if the BCC tries to stop the public from sunbathing on the beach in Walton County, I will baracade the road which was built on my property, and tell the BCC to shove it. Maybe I'll even hire an excavator to remove it.

:clap::clap::clap:

Aug 30, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun

Good Morning Jo,

I would go with the hiring route if I were you, Jo you wouldnt have enough time with all your postings, LOL.. I find you very entertaining, Have a wonderful day!

Brahahahahahaha:rofl:

"Boston Tea Party?" :bang:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Yes, Boston Tea Party. The anniversary date is approaching. Surely the people who have been paying bed taxes to fund the TDC which maintains the entire stretch of beach in Walton County, would have a reason to protest the County adopting the ordinance which is being recommended by the attorney representing a few Gulf front owners.

Caroling

Beach Fanatic

Does the road go to the beach? If so, and the BCC stops the public from the beach, do you foresee the public sunbathing on your road? Otherwise, are you afraid all the public will use your road for illegal beach access? Sorry to come in on this thread lately, but I can't quite follow your intent. Are you saying the road was not legally built there? No easement? If it doesn't go to the beach, are you trying to "one-up" the BCC, not only barring the public from the beach, but from a road? Sometimes I don't have all the wisdom of the pale cat with lime headdress who is NotDeadYet but clapping mightily.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
lol. Caroling, my property has nothing to do with beach access. I own a piece of property on which the County built and maintained a single lane dirt road. The road was no more than 12 foot in width, and even though they had deeded property on the other side of my property, still recognized in the County records to be used for a road, they put the road on the property which I own. It was used for many years by others in the area. A few years ago, without requesting permission, the County decided to pave the roads, and in doing so, they widened the right of way to 60'ft , which now impacted more of the property. The County tells me that they had prescriptive easement for the road since it had been used for a long period of time. They never even had a legal taking of the increased right of way, paying for it, nor did they offer to exchange what they took for the adjacent property dedicated on plats for road, which is a smaller property than that which they took. I can understand parts of that. No big deal. However, if now, the County now changes their way of thinking, in this beach issue, saying that the beach hasn't been customarily used by the public, and no longer allows the public to sunbathe on the beach, they are not being consistent in their actions, and are showing favoritism to certain property owners. To show their inconsistency, I will do as Tim Pauls did, and barricade the road which was constructed on my property, not because I don't want people to use it, but to show the County that what they are doing with the beach is wrong. You can come sunbathe on my road anytime, but watch out for the cars and trucks. ;)

Aug 30, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
lol. Caroling, my property has nothing to do with beach access. I own a piece of property on which the County built and maintained a single lane dirt road. The road was no more than 12 foot in width, and even though they had deeded property on the other side of my property, still recognized in the County records to be used for a road, they put the road on the property which I own. It was used for many years by others in the area. A few years ago, without requesting permission, the County decided to pave the roads, and in doing so, they widened the right of way to 60'ft , which now impacted more of the property. The County tells me that they had prescriptive easement for the road since it had been used for a long period of time. They never even had a legal taking of the increased right of way, paying for it, nor did they offer to exchange what they took for the adjacent property dedicated on plats for road, which is a smaller property than that which they took. I can understand parts of that. No big deal. However, if now, the County now changes their way of thinking, in this beach issue, saying that the beach hasn't been customarily used by the public, and no longer allows the public to sunbathe on the beach, they are not being consistent in their actions, and are showing favoritism to certain property owners. To show their inconsistency, I will do as Tim Pauls did, and barricade the road which was constructed on my property, not because I don't want people to use it, but to show the County that what they are doing with the beach is wrong. You can come sunbathe on my road anytime, but watch out for the cars and trucks. ;)

Hey Jo,

I just got off the phone with a friend who has a friend who has a friend who's uncle Bubba is in the Walton County jail, He sent word back through these friends that He awaits your arrival and is "quivering with anticipation"..... :rofl::rotfl::welcome:

Brahahahahahahaha

Amost reminds me of the Fla state Fla game.... What a laugher that was.. Have a wonderful day!

Caroling

Beach Fanatic
lol. ... The County tells me that they had prescriptive easement for the road since it had been used for a long period of time. They never even had a legal taking of the increased right of way, paying for it, nor did they offer to exchange what they took for the adjacent property dedicated on plats for road, which is a smaller property than that which they took. ... However, if now, the County now changes their way of thinking, in this beach issue, saying that the beach hasn't been customarily used by the public, and no longer allows the public to sunbathe on the beach, they are not being consistent in their actions, and are showing favoritism to certain property owners. ;)

Ahh, thanks for s.p.e.l.l.i.n.g it out for me. Excellent point. I hope the BCC gets that message. In contemplating the blocked beach and the blocked road, I imagine that the property owners then can't get to their beach to privately use it. The beach is deserted. Then perhaps hovercraft will be developed so I could rent a flying beach chair/umbrella set and hover where ever I want, not touching dry sand. Or perhaps plant feet in the wet and cantilever back over dry sand. Or do the property rights include the airspace over the property? How far up in the sky has been deeded away?

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Ahh, thanks for s.p.e.l.l.i.n.g it out for me. Excellent point. I hope the BCC gets that message. In contemplating the blocked beach and the blocked road, I imagine that the property owners then can't get to their beach to privately use it. The beach is deserted. Then perhaps hovercraft will be developed so I could rent a flying beach chair/umbrella set and hover where ever I want, not touching dry sand. Or perhaps plant feet in the wet and cantilever back over dry sand. Or do the property rights include the airspace over the property? How far up in the sky has been deeded away?

2 miles.