• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
IMO the startling increase in high-density developments are leading to the demise of the 30-A area. We are already seeing traffic congestion, people fighting over space on the beach, beach crowding leading to more crap on the beach, problems with not enough beach accesses, parking problems at beach accesses, neighborhoods becoming gated communities to keep people from using their private property as a public beach access, etc. Like I said on another thread, it's not the 30-A of five years ago. We have less beach and more people. I don't see the size of the beach increasing any time soon, but as long as the board of county commissioners continues to approve high-density developments, the number of people and vehicles will continue to increase. A two-lane road like 30-A can only handle so many vehicles before it reaches its saturation point.

But wait!....There's more!! We've still got the International Airport, Minnie-Disney and Joe-Bob's On-Again-Off-Again Animal Park to factor in!

Hang on to your wigs and keys...it's gonna be an interesting ride. Better pitch your tent on the beach today to ensure you've got a space.

Last edited:

tc

Beach Comber
Jun 12, 2007
Seacrest, FL.
I have two questions...
1. Do we really need more condos?
2. And from which out-of-state brown beach do they plan on getting the "new sand"?

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I have two questions...
1. Do we really need more condos?
2. And from which out-of-state brown beach do they plan on getting the "new sand"?

1. As long as there is a sliver of gulf view along the coast or a slab of granite on earth without a home--we MUST continue building condos. The baby boomers are coming for gosh sakes!!

2. No need to go out of town for sand...they just stick a ship offshore to suck up sand, broken shells and sea turtles and blow them onto the beach--it's like walking among shards of glass.

Last edited:
Dear Shelly,

Where do you live? In one of those house or condo's that does not belong on the beacheach. Or are you are just a citizen from afara that just love an unspoiled beach. I suggest at one time your house or condo was not there also and you destoroyed someone's paradise. Give it a break, you live here too. Let others build and come and enjoy it or move on. I am tired off listening to you and others codemnation of builders as evil. It is not just your paradise. It is mine and others too. Responsible builder are building on their land. You live here somewhere so your house is an abomination also. Get over it:angry: !

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Dear Shelly,

I am tired off listening to you and others codemnation of builders as evil. !

Might I suggest then that you DON'T pick up a copy of next week's Business Week Magazine. <COVER STORY: Bonfire of the Builders>

0733covdv.jpg

http://www.businessweek.com/magazin...01.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index_top+story

Last edited:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Dear Shelly,

Where do you live? In one of those house or condo's that does not belong on the beacheach. Or are you are just a citizen from afara that just love an unspoiled beach. I suggest at one time your house or condo was not there also and you destoroyed someone's paradise. Give it a break, you live here too. Let others build and come and enjoy it or move on. I am tired off listening to you and others codemnation of builders as evil. It is not just your paradise. It is mine and others too. Responsible builder are building on their land. You live here somewhere so your house is an abomination also. Get over it:angry: !

Responsible builders:dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Big difference between a "responsible builder" creating a single family home so that more people can can live in or visit the area and those who build, build, build as much (or more) than allowed with no regard to the environmental impact, limitations of the roads & emergency services, character of the neighborhood etc.