• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Local Bakeries

New posts
rmattman said:
We are planning to visit Destin and Panera's is a great place to satisfy your sweet tooth. Thanks for the info.

for pastries, I'd also try some of the coffee shops in the area such as Fonville Press (Seacrest), Cava Java (Seagrove), Starbucks (Grayton), and Another Broken Egg Cafe (Grayton). There's also a place in the Village of South Walton that also sells Carvel ice cream and cakes/sweets, but I don't know the name and I don't know if it sells breakfast pastries. For bread, I've had the baquette from Modica Market and it is great. They also sell pastries.
 
The Donut Hole serves a really good southern-style breakfast, too. We have had them bake birthday cakes, namely a tall coconut cake that was delicious and very reasonably priced. I like WaterColor Market for pastries and cookies, as well as Modica Market. The bread selection at Publix is not impressive, but they do nice cakes. We ordered red velvet cakes there twice and they were quite good. Publix has superb fried chicken and banana pudding, too! Time to head for the gym.
 
Modica Market and Watercolor Market - delicious sausage and biscuits, and great cream cheese/spinach croissants for breakfast!!! you can get a latte at either of these places as well! nice places to just "be" in the morning.
 
Tootsie said:
Hibiscus Coffee and Guesthouse, Grayton Beach. They have a nice breakfast menu with quiche, frittata, muffins, pancakes, waffles, etc, in a very comfy/nice setting.


Hibiscus is the last stop on the way home for me- I grab a coffee and pastry to eat in the car- it keeps me from sobbing all the way to Florala!
 
jdarg said:
Hibiscus is the last stop on the way home for me- I grab a coffee and pastry to eat in the car- it keeps me from sobbing all the way to Florala!
Check out whitey's 'tar...
 
Kimmifunn said:
Check out whitey's 'tar...

Yeah...I heard their pastries were FUNN!
 
Kimmifunn said:
Check out whitey's 'tar...


I saw it and LOVED it- what can I do to it so I can blow it up and print it for the fridge- I need some new funn pics for 2006!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top