• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
My neighbors and I call it MediaCON - it makes me feel only slightly better to call them that!!!

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
My neighbors and I call it MediaCON - it makes me feel only slightly better to call them that!!!
When I go to pay my bill at Sandestin (because it takes them about 3 weeks to post it if mailed) the guy at the guard shack knows me as the one that it going to "mediacrap". I accidentally said mediacom just the other day and he looked at me and said " you mean "mediacrap"? We both laughed and he let me pass on thru.

BeachBebe

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
We have Hi speed, but no phonhe service today with Mediacom. Anybody else having problems?

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
It isn't Mediacom...it is coming from the stations themselves...they are being sent out from a Panama City Base Station that is going out of business due to no funding(bankrupt)...they have a skelton team working in the evening so no one is really on duty at night...if you note most of the lock ups are happening in the evening. This station as long as it is still working until it closes down is in contract with Mediacom...Mediacom can't change over until the station closes down...as soon as that happens they will contract with another station. Mediacom has its hands tied...they can't break a contract and they can't fix a problem that they have no control over..the viewers will just have to wait it out...I must admit it is very frustrating...it happens to me with channel 10, 13 and even 18...usually in the evening after 6PM....hopefully things will happen soon and these problems will go away.

i asked for a callback from a supervisor earlier this year, then again in july. just called mediacom again because the freezing is still going on, especially on channel 7 nbc and BECAUSE A SUPERVISOR NEVER CALLED ME BACK!!!! customer service person this time said a research order was put in in july but never done. i hate to say it but i give up. this company is run by idiots. absolutely no customer service. on the other hand, direct tv has been great as far as follow up, and our dish has not caused any issues. please, please direct tv, get local channels so i can kick mediacom to the curb!!!!!!!

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Has anyone noticed Mediacom has just recently raised their prices again? :pissed:

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
Has anyone noticed Mediacom has just recently raised their prices again? :pissed:

as long as they have a monopoly, they will do what they please. at least direct tv and dish get to compete against each other, which ends up benefiting the customer.

Daugette_Matt

Beach Lover
Jan 12, 2009
I have the freezing troubles too. I have the expensive DRV, HD box. I have been thinking the freezing is a box problem, but this morning my other TV with no HD box also locked up. I have been told by a sservice guy that Mediacom is over taxing their system. To properly work the HD stuff they need a system wide upgrade but they are not interested in doing it.