• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
why can't we be friends?/why can't we be friends?:D
If you want everyone to side with you, you may be looking in the wrong place. Opinions are like ... , everybody has one. If we all had the same thoughts at the same time regarding anything, no transaction would ever take place because we would all want to buy the same house at the same time and no one would be left to sell it to us.

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
I can always count on you Joe to keep on the straight and narrow. Yes ,you are correct a good Realtor is invaluable. I do not say this lightly but out of the numerous I have spoken with over the past few years I find it refreshing to see that a very few like yourself are well versed on their profession. I am sincere when I say that about you. I believe if I had a piece of property that I really wanted to sell I would indeed look you up.:cool:

Last edited:

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
Joe, what did you think of my ex son in laws ink sketch of christ being taken off the cross.?

Last edited:

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
Seeing how everyone agrees the market is depressed right now, and many Realtors are calling for lower prices, I can't help but ask if we the seller can get a reduction in the cost of the Realtor to go down to let say 4.5 %. Seems a reasonable request just until the market makes that big turn around thats going to happen in the next 5 years. If that does not work we will try to go lower. Heck, before you know it we will all be broke. I'm not a smart man,and that goes without saying,but I don't think they're reducing the prices of membership to join some of these elite golf courses like pebble hills,or the other golf course where they play the masters at in Ga. When many of you were going to college,I was bouncing around in Europe going and hiking up the alps in Garmish Germany,going to France on the weekends driving up to the North Sea and going to places like Denmark, and Sweden just to name a few of the places I've been. I could right now move to any place in the world, and its my belief that for the most part, the property in this area is the best place to live and is way under priced. If you want cheap then go somewhere else. But don't think if you drop that price it's going to sell because right now the only thing selling is prices that are ridiculously low. There are many reasons for this but I would have to write a book on all the things that are effecting this market and it would just take to long. I get the big picture but you ask yourself right now,what are the only things moving in the market today? THINGS BEING GIVEN AWAY!!!!!!:sosad: Don't hate the messenger.:nono1:

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
First of all, it would be illegal for Brokers to get together and set prices on brokerage fees. Secondly, you want me to spend more on advertising, do more work marketing the listing, and most likely working with the buyers and sellers more as there tend to be more negotiations and handholding in this down market, yet you want me to cut my rates? Show me another business where that happens. With fewer sales taking place, Realtors incomes have already been greatly slashed. I will remind you that the Listing Agent gets paid only a portion of that brokerage fee, only after the Listing Brokerage, Selling Brokerage (if there is a cooperating broker), and the selling agent, and sometimes an outgoing referral fee are paid. Then, out of what is left, deduct the advertising and other business related expenses for the listing. What you have left is far from what you think Realtors get paid. Also, you may think of a Realtor not spending much time actually working to sell your property, or assist you with purchasing, but you need to think about all of the previous real estate experience the Realtor has invested by writing contracts and holding deals together. What you may see as nothing more than 10 hours worth of work, may be based on 10 years of experience.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I could right now move to any place in the world, and its my belief that for the most part, the property in this area is the best place to live and is way under priced. If you want cheap then go somewhere else. But don't think if you drop that price it's going to sell because right now the only thing selling is prices that are ridiculously low. There are many reasons for this but I would have to write a book on all the things that are effecting this market and it would just take to long. I get the big picture but you ask yourself right now,what are the only things moving in the market today? THINGS BEING GIVEN AWAY!!!!!!:sosad: Don't hate the messenger.:nono1:

2b,

I've gotta admit, I'm having a hard time piecing together your story. :dunno:

Can you please state plainly in a few sentences just WHAT your problem is? Or just answer the following questions.

(1) Do you have a home/lot for sale?
(2) What type is it and where is it located?
(3) How much are you listing it for?
(4) How much higher is the listing price than the price you originally paid?
(5) How long have you owned the property?
(6) How much is your realtor trying to have you cut the price?
(7) If you are so HOT on area RE and sure it is a great investment, why are you planning on selling it?

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
:D 1.yes
2.Townhouse on grand lagoon. I would give you my mls # but my Realtor has failed to email me it and it is impossible to pull it up on mls.
3.I think you mean giving it away. $349,000
4.Give or take 360
5.12 years
7.Good question,my wife and I was talking about the same thing yesterday and we concluded it is probably a good idea to hold off and stay put because right now it would almost be insane to sell at that price for the property that we have on Grand lagoon. We were wanting to move out in the country and build a beautiful house on one of our steep heads.
You see Joe not everyone has the benefit of having a Realtor who is both knowledgeable and hard working like yourself. I do not mean to hurt anyones feelings that are out there and like yourself working hard,but the truth is, you are an anomaly. Most in your profession only know how to say go lower, no lower, no even lower. They are nether knowledgeable about the area nor want to be. I can't count the Realtors that I have just called up and ask,How's the real estate market right now? And get an answer like what do you mean? and I say well how are the prices doing? I was thinking about buying but I just wanted to wait until the prices had finished dropping. And God bless them they were so kind as to tell me I may want to wait because the real estate market was still correcting itself. I could go on and on about examples of Realtors who honestly are anything but. Look how people are just sitting back and watching Mr. and Mrs. home owner blow in the wind while many Realtors are just sitting back and not accepting any of the responsibility. Don't take on a listing you can't sell. That more than anything else upsets me the most and list the first time right. Don't keep going back to the home owner and say lower. Its crazy. Know your property and be loyal to your seller, because trust me this is not going on right now. You said something that was indeed true and that is I wasn't going to get much sympathy on this site concerning going up against many Realtors. I understand many of them read these sites to get a feel on how the market is doing locally. My advice to them is nothing. The market will bury them just like many are trying to bury Mr. and Mrs. homeowner. Be careful what you say because little ears are listening. You as a Realtor have to know that many suspected buyers read these post. Do you want them to go a head and wait and pick most of these properties up at an auction. If I were buying and read some of the things that have been said on these post you could not get be to buy now or in the near future.No,I would just wait like everyone else and pick it up for nothing.:D Don't hate the messenger.:welcome:

Last edited:

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
A couple more points to 2bfabian:

You don't have to pay any realtor any set commission. Negotiate. If a realtor doesn't feel like your offer is fair, he/she won't work with you, just like many realtors here have said they won't take a listing from an unrealistic seller. If you don't like them, find another one. If you want to take a shot at FSBO, go for it.

Your comparison to memberships at The Masters in Augusta is laughable at best and has no correlation whatsoever to someone trying to sell a property at the beach, be it investment property or owner occupied. Each party has 100% different motivation.

Quit blaming other people for doing what they may have to do to get out of a property. Do what suits you. Don't shoot the messenger. :roll:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
:D 1.yes
2.Townhouse on grand lagoon. I would give you my mls # but my Realtor has failed to email me it and it is impossible to pull it up on mls.
3.I think you mean giving it away. $349,000
4.Give or take 360
5.12 years

:dunno:
You're selling a townhouse for $349,000 that you paid $348,640 for 12 years ago?
OR
You're selling a townhouse for $349,000 that you paid $360,000 for 12 years ago?

Neither makes much sense...am I missing something? (Someone help me out here...the Bloody Mary hasn't kicked in yet.)

Last edited:

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
No, I am selling a townhouse for $349,000 that I paid $90,000 12 years ago. At the time of my purchased many owners thought that I had paid way to much. Not so then and not so now.:cool: Shelly You are always so nice. To the other feller I realize at any time I can renegotiate with my Realtor. That is not my concern. It goes further than that,its my belief that many Realtors are depressing the market by continuing to artificially lowering the prices of area real estate

Ps Don't worry shelly be happy!

Last edited: