• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
I just read this thread top to bottom - WOW! Thanks to all for enlightened and entertaining posts. Made for fascinating lunch hour reading.

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
No, it's we who thank you. In the words of that great prognosticator STOP DROPPING YOUR PRICES. Other wise put up a sign and say just make offer I'm desperate and will give this place away. For two years people have been dropping there prices and all it is doing is sending the market into a nose dive. Has the market change? Nope. Hold to them or home owner beware it will not stop until your giving your stuff away. We all have what others want but we forget because we have lived here so long and we become complacent. I live right on grand lagoon but most of the time I leave my shutters down and forget to sit on my back porch and watch the pelicans dive bomb the bait fish. Trust me those baby boomer's are coming to FL and they will want your place worse than you want to sell it,but if you or your neighbor is going to give it away they will do just like you would and wait. Without referring to anyone as a fool they do say a fool and his possessions are soon separated. :cool:

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
No, it's we who thank you. In the words of that great prognosticator STOP DROPPING YOUR PRICES. Other wise put up a sign and say just make offer I'm desperate and will give this place away. For two years people have been dropping there prices and all it is doing is sending the market into a nose dive. Has the market change? Nope. Hold to them or home owner beware it will not stop until your giving your stuff away. We all have what others want but we forget because we have lived here so long and we become complacent. I live right on grand lagoon but most of the time I leave my shutters down and forget to sit on my back porch and watch the pelicans dive bomb the bait fish. Trust me those baby boomer's are coming to FL and they will want your place worse than you want to sell it,but if you or your neighbor is going to give it away they will do just like you would and wait. Without referring to anyone as a fool they do say a fool and his possessions are soon separated. :cool:

Why can't we be friends?

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com

This is all great in theory but I still ask you what do the folks do that have to sell! Now! Not when the baby boomers get her. Now!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
This is all great in theory but I still ask you what do the folks do that have to sell! Now! Not when the baby boomers get her. Now!
Bobby J, I thought fabian explained it very clearly. To sell your listings, you "stick to your guns." (and wait a few years I guess).

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
ouch! OK, if it's all about price then let's go with that, as any argument let's be consistent. Why not try to help the seller by getting him or her to sell by owner on the web and drop the price lets say 6%,so that a house selling for $900,000 could drop $54,000 pay the lawyer to draw up paper worker, abstract,title insurance and so on,give him $2,000 for his couple hours of work and allow the homeowner not to take that hit but rather the Realtor. You do know this is coming next. I went and looked at purchasing a advertisement into one of the Realtor magazines and was told no can do if your not a Realtor so anyone looking for a business tip start a for sale by owner magazine and get lawyers to subscribe places in the magazine to close the deals for home owners. It saves the the home owner which is who I find myself aligned with at the present time. You may give me all these reason of why you are so important to the seller but I say in most cases, not all, its about getting the owner to drop the price. If not then why not a for sale by owner website in Bay and South Walton.
:nono1:

Lisa Ruby

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SoWal
www.rosemarybeachsales.com
ouch! OK, if it's all about price then let's go with that, as any argument let's be consistent. Why not try to help the seller by getting him or her to sell by owner on the web and drop the price lets say 6%,so that a house selling for $900,000 could drop $54,000 pay the lawyer to draw up paper worker, abstract,title insurance and so on,give him $2,000 for his couple hours of work and allow the homeowner not to take that hit but rather the Realtor. You do know this is coming next. I went and looked at purchasing a advertisement into one of the Realtor magazines and was told no can do if your not a Realtor so anyone looking for a business tip start a for sale by owner magazine and get lawyers to subscribe places in the magazine to close the deals for home owners. It saves the the home owner which is who I find myself aligned with at the present time. You may give me all these reason of why you are so important to the seller but I say in most cases, not all, its about getting the owner to drop the price. If not then why not a for sale by owner website in Bay and South Walton.
:nono1:

I'll say a little prayer for you tonight....

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I believe there is a very thin magazine for FSBO. I've seen them in PCB. Also, there is a national website for FSBO. There is also SoWal.com which has a real estate section as well as a for sale section.

If selling your on property were so easy, everyone would have for sale by owners. Go pay for your own advertising, schedule appointments for showings, fly down to the beach and have the potential buyer not show up, or show up for a four minute tour and decide that they want a condo, not a house, then fly back home. Maybe you will get a contract, and when that happens, I'm sure that you the buyer will be looking to you for information regarding loans, home warranty, etc. and you can fly back down here, to let the home inspector in. Fly back home. Get on SoWal.com and ask for a plumber recommendation to do repair the leaking toilet. Tired of flying back and forth, maybe you find a home sitting business to leave in charge of the key and insure that the plumber actually showed up. In the mean time, the lawyer is getting paid to handle the closing, but who is representing the buyer? Maybe they don't feel comfortable with a lawyer getting involved on only your behalf. Who is holding the escrow funds? Oops, just missed the deadline for financing. Now the buyer is in breach of contract, but since the lawyer is just handling the closing, you let it go and hope that the buyer has financing in place. Some more time passes and you think everything is good to go. You pay the home watch guy, the plumber, the attorney for writing the contract, and you show up at the closing table to find that the buyer no-showed. blah, blah, blah.

Yes, why don't you go ahead and list it yourself.