• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Buyers dictate value. Let's think about that. I disagree. He who holds the gold dictates the value. If by chance you live in Detroit I may agree, but if you have a nice place in paradise how are you going to have someone tell you what you have is worth less than what you think. If its yours then in order for some else to get it they must :nono1: pay your asking price not theirs. In the example that you gave yes many bought above there means but if you think them dropping there price is some how going to effect the market positively I for one strongly disagree.

What if he who holds the gold paid $250 and gold drops to $150. The buyer will only pay what the going rate for gold is. The buyer always dictates value. That is why appraisers use sold comps not actives. Actives (property on the market not selling) typically are higher because sellers are trying to dictate price. Solds are true value. A buyer has decided to purchase and made claim to value.

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
Joe thats my point don't take on a listing and then drop the price. Start out on the right road or let the property sit. But don't drop that price once you list it. Start out with what its worth and leave it there:clap_1:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Buyers dictate value. Let's think about that. I disagree. He who holds the gold dictates the value. If by chance you live in Detroit I may agree, but if you have a nice place in paradise how are you going to have someone tell you what you have is worth less than what you think. If its yours then in order for some else to get it they must :nono1: pay your asking price not theirs. In the example that you gave yes many bought above there means but if you think them dropping there price is some how going to effect the market positively I for one strongly disagree.

:rotfl:If that is so, why is it that some gold holders are not able to sell their property? Some gold-holders even offer to sell below what the gold holder's appraiser's value. Remember, a profit isn't made until the property is sold, so for a seller to say that my property is worth this, means nothing. Now perhaps that seller can justify and educate the buyer as to why he or she feels the value is x, but the buyer is the one who has to agree. If the buyer says, "I don't think so," the seller's profit is zero. I can think of one case when the seller dictates the value, and that is when the property is scarce and there are willing and able buyers hoping to purchase at the price being asked. If you have the only property listed in a desirable neighborhood, and you can afford to pay the mortgage, you can stick to your guns. One other thing to remember is that unless your buyer is paying cash, the property has to appraise, so the sky is not always the limit, even in cases of scarcity.

trying2makeabuc

Beach Comber
Mar 25, 2007

The buyer holds the gold. An owner can only sell one piece of property while a buyer can buy any one for sale.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Bobby your correct but my point is if the prices stop dropping the market will change:bang:

I agree with your point and can not wait to see that day happen! I got allot at stake here but I also know we are in a cycle. Once our inventory levels off and and we see more pendings/solds then new listings we will have a sellers market back. This typically needs to last 4 consecutive months. We almost had it in DEC., Jan. Feb., but spring everyone including self put his/her property back on. That is why we are seeing so many price drops right now.

2bfabian

Banned
Dec 29, 2006
on grand lagoon
In this case if everybody starts dumping gold for 150 how long before were at 120? and so on it just gets worse someone has to say no its worth 250 and thats what I want. If not by by Gold you now have nothing more than yellow rocks.:D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
In this case if everybody starts dumping gold for 150 how long before were at 120? and so on it just gets worse someone has to say no its worth 250 and thats what I want. If not by by Gold you now have nothing more than yellow rocks.:D
If everyone is "dumping" it at 150, that means that the demand is high, and supply (scarcity) is low, and prices will increase until a balance of supply and demand is reached. If you want to hold out for 250 while others sell at 150, that is your right, but you wont be selling for a while, so you might as well take your gold off the market until the price which buyers are willing to pay, matches the price you want to receive.