• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jollyroger

Beach Comber
Jan 5, 2007
SoWal
My father and his family contracted Malaria when he was a child and almost died. They lived on JD Miller Road.
I think he is trying to get the point through that we do not have to worry about these diseases in the present and probably in the future provided we don't screw up more.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I am still missing your point here. I asked you to help me out and explain your position. I make no claims on being an expert. I sell Real Estate. I bring in experts when I need a wetland determination. Wetland determinations are made by soil samples and visual foliage by trained experts in that area. I surely do not call the mosquito guy.

Many of the Wetlands determinations are governed by plants that have recently been added to the list. Palmetto, Dollar weed, etc., that at one time were not considered to be in a wetland. Wetlands were considered more a saltmarsh, with tidal activity usually twice daily. Breeding areas for game fish, among other things. Much effort was taken to make sure that the water did not stagnate, but was able to wash through. Fallen debree would clog it up.