• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Moronic Teeth

New posts
I didn't know smoking COULD happen through the nose. Weird. I don't think I'd even know how to go about trying it.

And you're the baddest a$$ adult that I know!!!! That's why I :wub: you!!!
And this is why I love Vicodin...:floor: (:wub: you back--can't wait to see you soon!)
 
My son is scheduled to have all 4 of his removed next Friday. :eek: The doctor told him that they would give him some good drugs when it was over. Kase did they put you to sleep? Jesse is more nervous of being put under than anything else. I hope you feel better soon. Let me know what works for you and what doesn't.

Thankfully I only had 2 wisdom teeth on the top. None on the bottom. My sister was with me when I had mine out. They used sodium penathol on me and when I woke up I was crying, sobing actually and had no idea why. I asked the surgeon and my sister why I was crying, she told me that sodium penathol usually makes women cry, and men laugh for no reason. Who knew?

Anyway, feel better soon!!!!!
Staying awake wasn't bad 'til the doc shattered one of the teeth and had to get medieval on my *** to finish the extraction, you mainly just feel the tugging which is only disconcerting. Sodium Pentathol? :floor:Did they put you under a heat lamp and try to get you to confess?
 
No cool ice pack... I've been using frozen peas. :roll:

Got duct tape? :biggrin:

I will now bore you with my story (I know I have told it before)

Had all four of my impacted wisdom teeth out the summer after freshman year in college. My best friend was the oral surgeon's assistant and tried to make me watch with a mirror while he plucked the teeth out of my gum. All I got was novocain. She drove me home and told my mom to feed me steak that night. Then, she came over the next day and dragged me out to the tennis court. I am not so sure she was still my bf at this point.
 
it's a much easier extraction when the 3rd molars have erupted. it's when they are impacted, that's when the oral surgeon is referred.

feel better soon kase.
 
Last edited:
I need to have mine removed, got braces as a kid prior to the remove them before braces philosophy was adopted. So now there's about $10,000 moving around randomly in my mouth. Need to bite the bullet and do it, but not looking forward to it.

Hope you feel better.
 
I need to have mine removed, got braces as a kid prior to the remove them before braces philosophy was adopted. So now there's about $10,000 moving around randomly in my mouth. Need to bite the bullet and do it, but not looking forward to it.

Hope you feel better.

This is exactly why Jesse is having his removed. Just got his braces off and the WT are coming in sideways, that would for sure put that $4K right down the drain. :eek:
 
it's a much easier extraction when the 3rd molars have erupted. it's when they are impacted, that's when the oral surgeon is referred.

feel better soon kase.

Dear baby Jesus, there's no need to use that sort of language! :nono1:
 
Got duct tape? :biggrin:

I will now bore you with my story (I know I have told it before)

Had all four of my impacted wisdom teeth out the summer after freshman year in college. My best friend was the oral surgeon's assistant and tried to make me watch with a mirror while he plucked the teeth out of my gum. All I got was novocain. She drove me home and told my mom to feed me steak that night. Then, she came over the next day and dragged me out to the tennis court. I am not so sure she was still my bf at this point.

Did you bop her upside her head??????????
 
Staying awake wasn't bad 'til the doc shattered one of the teeth and had to get medieval on my *** to finish the extraction, you mainly just feel the tugging which is only disconcerting. Sodium Pentathol? :floor:Did they put you under a heat lamp and try to get you to confess?

OUCH!!!!!!

If I did confess anything, I sure don't want to know what it was.
 
My son is scheduled to have all 4 of his removed next Friday. :eek: The doctor told him that they would give him some good drugs when it was over. Kase did they put you to sleep? Jesse is more nervous of being put under than anything else. I hope you feel better soon. Let me know what works for you and what doesn't.

Thankfully I only had 2 wisdom teeth on the top. None on the bottom. My sister was with me when I had mine out. They used sodium penathol on me and when I woke up I was crying, sobing actually and had no idea why. I asked the surgeon and my sister why I was crying, she told me that sodium penathol usually makes women cry, and men laugh for no reason. Who knew?

Anyway, feel better soon!!!!!


I was REALLY nervous going in. I had NO idea what to expect. And honestly, going under was the best part. The anestesiologist poked me with a needle, and she told me to check to see if the light was flickering. As soon as I said, "Okay," I was out. I woke up in a wheel chair, not sure if they had even started the surgery yet. From then on, I've been uncomfortable. It wouldn't be so bad if the numbness would subside, but I can feel everything but the lower right side of my jaw. So every once in a while, I poke it just to make sure it's still there. And it's torture not being able to eay solid food. I can only eat SO much ice cream without craving some sort of actual sustinence.

But overall, it's not as bad as I expected it to be. I figured I'd be totally helpless for a week or two. I think I might actually go back to work tomorrow. :)

Tell your son to follow all the directions they give you in the office. Ice packs, drugs on time, liquids the first day... He'll be fine. Wish him luck for me. :wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top