• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Moronic Teeth

New posts
I tried to find the scene from the move "10" where Dudley Moore has just returned from the dentist and can't speak properly when Julie Andrews' character calls, prompting a hilarious visit from the police. :biggrin:If anyone can find it, please post.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=KZLM31yLYAk"]YouTube - "10"[/ame]
 
I had all mine removed during college. All had a tendency to be a problem before they were removed. Take care. With one, I was checking out and just fainted right in the reception room. You can't be too careful.
 
Wisdom teeth suck. After having them removed, I feel like a bumbling idiot because the right side of my lower jaw is TOTALLY numb and I can't speak normally.

And why is it when you're absolutely starving and can't eat, all the great food commercials come on TV?? God, I can't wait to devour a cheeseburger.

Does anyone have wisdom teeth stories?? It's nice to know I'm not the only one in the world who's gone through this.

Enjoy the Lortabs they gave you. You are free to send them my way if you don't want 'em :wave:
 
Had two wisdom teeth taken out the day I got my driver's license. Couldn't even drive home.

Those who grew up with me might remember that I had an underbite as a child. Later in my sixteenth summer, I had my lower jaw sawed in two places, repositioned, and wired shut. As if that wasn't going to be bad enough, most young folks that have that done still have braces that can be used to hold the wires. Not me. The day before, they had to drive these things that looked like U-nails into my gums. All the way around, top and bottom.

They gave me a shot in the arm and an IV for that. I was awake, and I remember it. I think that was pentethol (sp?). Novocain everywhere. Yeah, it hurt, but I didn't care. I simply didn't care. They could have cut my nose off and I wouldn't have cared.

Post surgery, post healing, wires came off, and it was time to pull those little babies out of my gums, which by that time had become attached to them. I was so looking forward to not caring again. Sheet. Not only did I not get the shot again, I didn't even get Novocain. All I got was Anbesol on a Q-tip. :yikes:

And then to add insult to injury, I went to BK to eat a whopper (hadn't had solids in six weeks). They warned me not to do that, but I had to try. I had the burger perfectly positioned, anticipating flame-broiled...and then discovered I couldn't open my effin' mouth. :bang:

It was all worth it in the end. :D
 
And then to add insult to injury, I went to BK to eat a whopper (hadn't had solids in six weeks). They warned me not to do that, but I had to try. I had the burger perfectly positioned, anticipating flame-broiled...and then discovered I couldn't open my effin' mouth. :bang:

It was all worth it in the end. :D

I was so tempted to go get a cheeseburger numerous times today. Heck, I'd blend that sucker if it meant I could eat REAL food.
 
I was so tempted to go get a cheeseburger numerous times today. Heck, I'd blend that sucker if it meant I could eat REAL food.
one of my friend's dad blended a cheeseburger when he had an oral opperation. His family and I watched him gulp it down..and then spew it back up. Trust me, do not give in to temptation. Think of this time as the perfect excuse to try out every singe baskin robin flavor.
 
one of my friend's dad blended a cheeseburger when he had an oral opperation. His family and I watched him gulp it down..and then spew it back up. Trust me, do not give in to temptation. Think of this time as the perfect excuse to try out every singe baskin robin flavor.
TRUE DAT!!!
​
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top