• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
I took the kids out late this afternoon/early evening to the beach access at Dune Allen. Everyone had left, including the lifeguard. We were playing in the sand right in front of the access saw over to the left (when facing the Gulf) a man come out of his house and walk about halfway out to shore & pound a sign into the sand with a bucket. There was already a sign facing Dune Allen on his "property" (AKA the beach) that it was private property.

He went back up onto his deck and he watched us for about 10 minutes and then went inside. I don't know if he thought we were hooligans or something but his actions were strange, to say the least. We were at least 75 feet away from his "private property." And, I was picking up trash, ciggies & other crap off the beach. He obviously waited for everyone to go home before posting that, so that tomorrow, everyone could see where they shouldn't be, according to him.

This saddened me a lot. I didn't walk over there, because it would have been a blatant action on my part. With 2 young kids and a toddler dragging along behind me, not wanting to do anything but play in the sand... he would have known I was up to something.;-)

That sign would blow away in any hard wind and just be more trash on the beach and in the water. :bang: Signs on the beach, besides official ones, should be :banned:. They are atrocious.

Secondly, I (sort of) understand the whole idea of wanting your private space/sanctuary, but if that is what one wants, why build/buy a home right on a beach, ESPECIALLY right next to beach access???:dunno: To start posting ugly as h*** signs all over the beach, telling locals & tourists alike that they are not allowed on that location is rude. I can think of some other choice words, but I won't use them.

When are we going to get back to the idea of community? What is it going to take for us to wake up and stop biotching & moaning at each other? When are we going to realize that we are no better than someone else & that our needs are no more or less important that anyone else's?

Dave & others have mentioned it in the Blue Sign thread more than once, that we have successfully pulled together as a community to do something about the signs because they are eyesores. We need to pull together to make this community one we can all be proud of, without the nastiness of property rights regarding beaches & ugly signs (including for sale signs all over) everywhere.

This can be done and we can all be proud of SoWal as a whole.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
You ought to limp around in fake agony around that sign (splattering some fake blood on you and the kids would help) screaming about how you walked into it and gashed your leg wide open...scream loudly about contacting an attorney...lots of drama will bring it down:D

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
You ought to limp around in fake agony around that sign (splattering some fake blood on you and the kids would help) screaming about how you walked into it and gashed your leg wide open...scream loudly about contacting an attorney...lots of drama will bring it down:D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

He might have left us for dead.:shock:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
It was my understanding that gulf front properties owners in Dune Allen did NOT own up the MHWL. :dunno:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I don't fault you on being afraid to look at the truth.I don't fault you on being afraid to look at the truth.

Maybe we need to make up some tee-shirts using my signature line, and go sit on the beach in front of his house.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
It was my understanding that gulf front properties owners in Dune Allen did NOT own up the MHWL. :dunno:

:dunno:

I'm gonna go check in the am before soccer games to see what the signs say specifically, up close & personal. I can jump and run easier without the kids trying to play.