• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
quick check of the F. S. does not show a Chapter 809.3. I wonder if this is the same "bogus' chapter referred to by Not DeadYet re: the Miramar Beach sign...Maybe someone else has more information?

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Running out the door, but I googled the statute & didn't get beach restoration. When I did google for fl statutes & beach restoration, I came up with entirely different ones. Can someone research, but don't waste time, just check? Thanks!

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
quick check of the F. S. does not show a Chapter 809.3. I wonder if this is the same "bogus' chapter referred to by Not DeadYet re: the Miramar Beach sign...

That one reads:
Florida Statute
No 16D2 FAC

There is no such number, not in the statutes or the Florida Administrative Code.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Chapter 800 LEWDNESS; INDECENT EXPOSURE
Chapter 806 ARSON AND CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
Chapter 810 BURGLARY AND TRESPASS
Chapter 812 THEFT, ROBBERY, AND RELATED CRIMES
Chapter 815 COMPUTER-RELATED CRIMES
as you can see there is no section 809......

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Chapter 800 LEWDNESS; INDECENT EXPOSURE
Chapter 806 ARSON AND CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
Chapter 810 BURGLARY AND TRESPASS
Chapter 812 THEFT, ROBBERY, AND RELATED CRIMES
Chapter 815 COMPUTER-RELATED CRIMES
as you can see there is no section 809......

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
It is possible that it was 810.3 as I did not have a pencil and paper and was citing from memory. (Which is not as good as it once was). The sign did mention "beach restoration" but I do not remember the exact quote.

Pirate

Beach Fanatic
Jan 2, 2006
Florida Chapter 809.3

This statute, written this day to include any and all properties in the county of Walton, starting from a boundary line at the center line of Florida SR 30-a and containing all of that land which lies in-between this boundary and an opposing boundary at the MHWL. Any owner(s) of a property or properties that erect a sign of any type citing property rights shall forfeit all land owned by said individual(s) or enitity(ies). Structures on any such claimed land will be burned at a public bonfire and the offenders personal funds shall be used to supply a full open bar for a month for all attendees of legal age.

That's all I could find. I'm not sure if it's complete or not.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
It is possible that it was 810.3 as I did not have a pencil and paper and was citing from memory. (Which is not as good as it once was). The sign did mention "beach restoration" but I do not remember the exact quote.

Florida Chapter 809.3

This statute, written this day to include any and all properties in the county of Walton, starting from a boundary line at the center line of Florida SR 30-a and containing all of that land which lies in-between this boundary and an opposing boundary at the MHWL. Any owner(s) of a property or properties that erect a sign of any type citing property rights shall forfeit all land owned by said individual(s) or enitity(ies). Structures on any such claimed land will be burned at a public bonfire and the offenders personal funds shall be used to supply a full open bar for a month for all attendees of legal age.

Pirate may have found something I missed ;-) but in the Fl. statutes I linked there was no 810.03 or 810.3 so who knows what they meant :dunno:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Florida Chapter 809.3

:rotfl:Hillarious!!!!