• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

whatiscmr

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2011
The prices you guys are throwing around are local perspectives. Wouldn't the targeted market be more nationwide? I would dare to say that 1st time home buyers near a major city are paying this much (give or take) for a primary residence. What say you, realtors? Does this factor in? ( /shrug) On another note (and this is a total guess as I am in no way a real estate guru)...the area would would attract folks buying second homes for personal use. They will be close to the hub and still be able to retreat to a quiet neighborhood to relax.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
There are only 9 properties in South Walton east that I would possibly consider showing from $350,000 and below. Link is attached of those 9. Naturewalk and Prominence at the right price point and the right quality have the potential to be just fine. We are actually getting low on property at certain price points and if timed properly and targeted to the correct market these could be home runs. Hard to believe, but numbers don't lie.

http://ecarmls.com/EmeraldReports/ListitLib/show_report.aspx?ID=4530830731

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Those Grove By The Sea homes are probably good comparisons, even though they are closer to the beach there is no parking at their closest access.

Just a hunch but I expect Naturewalk will offer some good values and amenities to make it attractive. We shall see. It may end up as more permanent residents. People seem to be moving here pretty fast.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Those Grove By The Sea homes are probably good comparisons, even though they are closer to the beach there is no parking at their closest access.

Just a hunch but I expect Naturewalk will offer some good values and amenities to make it attractive. We shall see. It may end up as more permanent residents. People seem to be moving here pretty fast.

My point exactly. The Grove and Seabreeze both are significantly closer to the beach and offer easy accesses which are a safe(all internal streets) and easy walk compared to having to walk a long distance along a major connector road(395). Look at their price points. To me there is no comparison and no reason to consider either Naturewalk or Prominence.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
My point exactly. The Grove and Seabreeze both are significantly closer to the beach and offer easy accesses which are a safe(all internal streets) and easy walk compared to having to walk a long distance along a major connector road(395). Look at their price points. To me there is no comparison and no reason to consider either Naturewalk or Prominence.

I understand. But I am going to wait and see what Naturewalk has to offer before judging. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I really like the location and I have a feeling it will appeal well to permanent residents and maybe also as second homes.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I understand. But I am going to wait and see what Naturewalk has to offer before judging. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I really like the location and I have a feeling it will appeal well to permanent residents and maybe also as second homes.

I think that "we" have all figured out what does not work the past 5 years and they will come up with a product that sells. Follow DR Horton a bit and you will learn its all about price points. Everything has a selling number.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
I think that "we" have all figured out what does not work the past 5 years and they will come up with a product that sells. Follow DR Horton a bit and you will learn its all about price points. Everything has a selling number.
We own a Horton home here in TX and it is middle of the road solid quality - worse thing about ours is the quality of the finish work. It's just OK.

If they build during a period when it is easier to find good subcontractors available, then all should be fine. Some of the quality problems in the past have been from having too many housing starts and opting to use less qualified subcontractors on some of the jobs, imo.