• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Sowal Pickem's : BOWL Games 2011/12

Dec. 17 Wyoming vs. Temple
Dec. 17 Ohio vs. Utah State
Dec. 17 La.-Lafayette vs. San Diego State
Dec. 20 FIU vs. Marshall
Dec. 21 TCU vs. La. Tech
Dec. 22 Boise State vs. Arizona State
Dec. 24 Nevada vs. Southern Miss
Dec. 26 Missouri vs. N. Carolina
Dec. 27 W. Michigan vs. Purdue
Dec. 27 Louisville vs. N.C. State
Dec. 28 Air Force vs. Toledo
Dec. 28 California vs. Texas
Dec. 29 Notre Dame vs. Florida St.
Dec. 29 Baylor vs. Washington
Dec. 30 BYU vs. Tulsa
Dec. 30 Iowa State vs. Rutgers
Dec. 30 Wake Forest vs. Miss. State
Dec. 30 Oklahoma vs. Iowa
Dec. 31 Texas A&M vs. Northwestern
Dec. 31 Georgia Tech vs. Utah
Dec. 31 UCLA vs. Illinois
Dec. 31 Cincinnati vs. Vanderbilt
Dec. 31 Virginia vs. Auburn
Jan. 2 Penn State vs. Houston
Jan. 2 Nebraska vs. South Carolina
Jan. 2 Ohio State vs. Florida
Bonus#1 Most passing TD's: OSU or UF
Jan. 2 Michigan State vs. Georgia
Jan. 6 Kansas State vs. Arkansas
Jan. 7 SMU vs. Pittsburgh
Jan. 8 N. Illinois vs. Arkansas State
Jan. 2 Wisconsin vs. Oregon
Jan. 2 Oklahoma St. vs. Stanford
Bonus#2 Most FG's: OKST or Stanford
Jan. 3 Michigan vs. Virginia Tech
Jan. 4 Clemson vs. West Virginia
Jan. 9 LSU vs. Alabama
Bonus#3 Most Rushing yds: LSU or AL

bamabeachbum

Beach Fanatic
May 31, 2006
Decatur,Alabama
Dec. 17 Wyoming vs. Temple
Dec. 17 Ohio vs. Utah State
Dec. 17 La.-Lafayette vs. San Diego State
Dec. 20 FIU vs. Marshall
Dec. 21 TCU vs. La. Tech
Dec. 22 Boise State vs. Arizona State
Dec. 24 Nevada vs. Southern Miss
Dec. 26 Missouri vs. N. Carolina
Dec. 27 W. Michigan vs. Purdue
Dec. 27 Louisville vs. N.C. State
Dec. 28 Air Force vs. Toledo
Dec. 28 California vs. Texas
Dec. 29 Notre Dame vs. Florida St.
Dec. 29 Baylor vs. Washington
Dec. 30 BYU vs. Tulsa
Dec. 30 Iowa State vs. Rutgers
Dec. 30 Wake Forest vs. Miss. State
Dec. 30 Oklahoma vs. Iowa
Dec. 31 Texas A&M vs. Northwestern
Dec. 31 Georgia Tech vs. Utah
Dec. 31 UCLA vs. Illinois
Dec. 31 Cincinnati vs. Vanderbilt
Dec. 31 Virginia vs. Auburn
Jan. 2 Penn State vs. Houston
Jan. 2 Nebraska vs. South Carolina
Jan. 2 Ohio State vs. Florida
Bonus#1 Most passing TD's: OSU or UF
Jan. 2 Michigan State vs. Georgia
Jan. 6 Kansas State vs. Arkansas
Jan. 7 SMU vs. Pittsburgh
Jan. 8 N. Illinois vs. Arkansas State
Jan. 2 Wisconsin vs. Oregon
Jan. 2 Oklahoma St. vs. Stanford
Bonus#2 Most FG's: OKST or Stanford
Jan. 3 Michigan vs. Virginia Tech
Jan. 4 Clemson vs. West Virginia
Jan. 9 LSU vs. Alabama
Bonus#3 Most Rushing yds: LSU or AL

Man, most of the games are predicted to be so close! And the odds I've seen say Bama is favored by 1. Cnestg8r and I are Tulane grads, but I'm for everyone who plays Bama. Sorry, Darlene. :blush:

Tangent: Big athletic announcement at Tulane. Just got this email:
Please join us for a historic announcement today at 1:30 p.m. in the atrium of the James W. Wilson Jr. Center. For those unable to attend, you can follow the live stream on http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/

EDIT: Tulane is building a football stadium on campus! Yay! It will cost 70 million; the board has already pledged 40 million.

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Man, most of the games are predicted to be so close! And the odds I've seen say Bama is favored by 1. Cnestg8r and I are Tulane grads, but I'm for everyone who plays Bama. Sorry, Darlene. :blush:

Tangent: Big athletic announcement at Tulane. Just got this email:
Please join us for a historic announcement today at 1:30 p.m. in the atrium of the James W. Wilson Jr. Center. For those unable to attend, you can follow the live stream on http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/

EDIT: Tulane is building a football stadium on campus! Yay! It will cost 70 million; the board has already pledged 40 million.

Great news. Now they actually have a shot at building a well supported program. I don't know if you ever saw a Tulane game in the Superdome, but they had all the atmosphere of empty catacombs. I guess you saw they hired a new head coach, got him off the Saints staff.

Great news. Now they actually have a shot at building a well supported program. I don't know if you ever saw a Tulane game in the Superdome, but they had all the atmosphere of empty catacombs. I guess you saw they hired a new head coach, got him off the Saints staff.
Tulane didn't start having games at the Superdome until after we left. I loved rolling out of the dorm, pre-gaming at the Sammies and SAE houses, then walking a few blocks to the Sugar Bowl, then after-partying at Sammies and SAE. Fun times.

I hope the new coach can recoup the 70 million. He looked really awkward in the video. What's up with that? If Tulane wants a successful athletic program, they need a coaching or exercise science major so that many athletes can pass. Hubby, no prob. He was the first Tulane athlete to graduate in engineering. He also got full academic scholarships in the Ivys. A perfect 800 in SAT quantitative and in the SAT II in math helps.

Don't forget to make your bowl picks!

Yes, I realize that it looks like I'm having conversations with myself. JK. :rotfl:

The bowl games start on Saturday. Make your picks by Saturday at 9 AM CST. ALL PICKS FOR ALL BOWL GAMES ARE DUE BY THEN. There are too many bowl games to have to record the picks piecemeal. There are some really close games predicted.

Note that Iris is the regular season champ. There will also be a separate bowl champ. And the overall champ will be the winner of the regular season plus the bowls.

So invite your friends to play the bowl games. Even if they didn't play in the regular season, they could still be the bowl champ.

BTW Iris won 67.1% of her picks in the regular season. Assuming that she wins the same percentage of the bowl games, to beat her as overall champ you need to look at how many games behind her you are (for example, cnestg8r is 9 behind) and add 26 to that number.

Happy picking!

Last edited: