• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
I have been wanting to post pictures of the little girl and her baby; but, I can't figure out how to upload them from my computer. Have read instructions and just don't get it. Do I need to put them in an album before I can put them in a message???
Garage is getting to smelling pretty bad and hubby found out she has been using the rug under my car for a potty. He bought cat litter and we have set it up to see if it helps. The rug will be going to the road.

ann hodnett

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2008
I am going through the same thing. A cat has adopted us and don't have a clue, as to why ,she picked us! I would love to have some cats, but unfotunately, my dogs, would love to have cats for lunch.
I have been feeding her , but she still is not gaining weight. I assume she has worms. There is no way I can afford to take her to the vet. It is breaking my heart. I just want someone to love her. She deserveres it!

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
I am going through the same thing. A cat has adopted us and don't have a clue, as to why ,she picked us! I would love to have some cats, but unfotunately, my dogs, would love to have cats for lunch.
I have been feeding her , but she still is not gaining weight. I assume she has worms. There is no way I can afford to take her to the vet. It is breaking my heart. I just want someone to love her. She deserveres it!

Bless your heart!!! My little family is striving. Now, the momma is trying to get in the house evertime I go into the garage and my little dog is trying to get out after her. Also, she is getting the garage pretty smelly. She poops on the rug I have under the car for any drips and then scratches the leaves and sand to cover it. We have tried putting a litter box under the car and she doesn't use it. Any suggestions? Have your tried craigslist??? Feline Friends of Destin? Good luck and I wish you the best..:sosad:

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
kitty litter

Bless your heart!!! My little family is striving. Now, the momma is trying to get in the house evertime I go into the garage and my little dog is trying to get out after her. Also, she is getting the garage pretty smelly. She poops on the rug I have under the car for any drips and then scratches the leaves and sand to cover it. We have tried putting a litter box under the car and she doesn't use it. Any suggestions? Have your tried craigslist??? Feline Friends of Destin? Good luck and I wish you the best..:sosad:

will the mama let you pick her up? if so, put her IN the litter box a few times, and make her paws (my son used to call them her "hands") scratch the clean litter. she will jump right out, but should figure it out. cats are quick - but since she has only lived in the wild, she needs to be shown. the baby will pick it up right away. when we adopted an older kitten who was "wild", the vet told us to keep her in a confined place with food and water and the box until she used it once. once learned/used, that was it! we set her up in our extra powder room - easy-to-clean tile floor - and it didn't take long. hope this helps!

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
worms are easy to get rid of - just a pill. maybe a nice vet will help you out if you tell him/her the situation.

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
Thanks for the suggestion, Beach Angel, and I will try that since we can pick her up. Today, she went to the canal and drank H2O when she has a perfectly good water bowl with ice water! Go figure.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Thanks for the suggestion, Beach Angel, and I will try that since we can pick her up. Today, she went to the canal and drank H2O when she has a perfectly good water bowl with ice water! Go figure.

well, she's used to being on her own. all of our 3 cats were rescued, all at different ages. they all adapted to the "better life" eventually, but it is not an overnight process. and they still drink icky water outside, and eat grass which makes them throw up - good grief.

another thought - mama may need some extra protein if she is still nursing and skinny. try giving her some kitten food - it has all the extra calories she needs!

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
Unfortunately Walton County Animal Shelter now has this mother and kitty. I had no other choice. I had exhausted all avenues trying to get them a home to no avail. My dog was not dealing with the new arrivals at all. The kitten was 2 weeks old and was unable to use it's back legs. I would hold it each day and excercise the little legs and they would just "frog out" in the back. He was dragging himself around and it was heart-breaking. I was so sad to have to do this but had no other options. To all of you who supported me the last two weeks, I would like to say THANK YOU and am so sorry for this outcome.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
How sad, for these babies!

I'm going to contact them, to see if I can help! Mama may be adopted out, but, I fear that the baby may be put down!:sosad:
Unfortunately Walton County Animal Shelter now has this mother and kitty. I had no other choice. I had exhausted all avenues trying to get them a home to no avail. My dog was not dealing with the new arrivals at all. The kitten was 2 weeks old and was unable to use it's back legs. I would hold it each day and excercise the little legs and they would just "frog out" in the back. He was dragging himself around and it was heart-breaking. I was so sad to have to do this but had no other options. To all of you who supported me the last two weeks, I would like to say THANK YOU and am so sorry for this outcome.