• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Can I bring my cat?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I love the idea of the bark park - as would my Lab - but I am afraid I need to side with the commissioner that says that the county animal control facility needs to be built first. That has been an issue for years now, and is desperately needed.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
ShallowsNole said:
I love the idea of the bark park - as would my Lab - but I am afraid I need to side with the commissioner that says that the county animal control facility needs to be built first. That has been an issue for years now, and is desperately needed.
I think the animal shelter desperately needs to be built, too. The difference is that the Shelter will cost money, and will take time to build. On the other hand, the dog park is hoped to be a joint project between Bark Park and the County, where the County simply provides the land behind the So Walton Annex at no cost, or either the County will lease the land to Bark Bark. The County had mentioned possibly contributing some fencing and or gravel for parking. No expense on the County's part for the unused land. The only potential additional costs to WalCo is liability. Another difference is that Bark Park will not be staffed. The Shelter will have the expense of a full staff, and probably trucks to patrol the streets for the free-to-roam dogs on the streets of WalCo.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I'd have no issue if they were done at the same time. I'm just waiting for the howls of protest (no pun intended) from NorthWal.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Beach Runner said:
Dogs on Dr. Dodds protocol haven't had the bortadella vaccine, for example, because they're on a minimal vaccination program. So, if they're at the park, the owners risk the health of other dogs (as well as their own). Maybe prior to admission to the dog park, the owner must have documentation that their dog's vaccinations are current and complete. Of course, that doesn't keep out worms and parasites.
We have dog parks all over the city...I don't think people think that into it though. If you have a rabid dog..keep it out? For the most part I think dogs are fine in those things... :dunno:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Kimmifunn said:
We have dog parks all over the city...I don't think people think that into it though. If you have a rabid dog..keep it out? For the most part I think dogs are fine in those things... :dunno:

If your dog is rabid, you'll know it. My stepdad was bitten by one. He killed the dog and buried it and he then started wondering if he might have rabies. He called the vet and the vet told him to go dig up the dog and bring it in for testing. Nice huh?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Landlocked said:
If your dog is rabid, you'll know it. My stepdad was bitten by one. He killed the dog and buried it and he then started wondering if he might have rabies. He called the vet and the vet told him to go dig up the dog and bring it in for testing. Nice huh?
I am drowning in tears of laughter and sadness, LL, at your stepdad's expense. Your stories are so real and vivid.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Smiling JOe said:
I am drowning in tears of laughter and sadness, LL, at your stepdad's expense. Your stories are so real and vivid.
LL is so back woods. It's great. :clap_1:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Smiling JOe said:

I'm just glad it was January instead of August. That might have been nasty.
My step dad has more weird stuff happen to him.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Smiling JOe said:

Isn't that the truth SJ. You can just put yourself in that place with him. He has a story for everything. I don't like it....I Love IT!!!!!