• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SpringStreetBuilders

Beach Comber
Oct 31, 2017
Seagrove Beach
I built this house in WaterSound Beach. It also used all the authentic materials, cedar siding, heavy hand split shake roof, copper dormer roofs, Viking Appliances, Granite or Onyc Slabs for all baths, etc. 6 Bedrooms, 5 baths, 3 living rooms approximately 5,000 sq ft under roof. 12 months $727,000 $145.40 per sq ft with a capital contribution of $50,000 from my partner at closing.

Evansc

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
LOL.

I know the just former Owners. Took them nearly two years to sell as many brokers would not show it because they new Carroll built it. Inspection report was over 50 pages, including code violations because it was built so poorly. When it did sell, it was the lowest price per square foot sales price in the entire community.

SpringStreetBuilders

Beach Comber
Oct 31, 2017
Seagrove Beach
LOL.

I know the just former Owners. Took them nearly two years to sell as many brokers would not show it because they new Carroll built it. Inspection report was over 50 pages, including code violations because it was built so poorly. When it did sell, it was the lowest price per square foot sales price in the entire community.
That's how it works people. Review everything this person has said and read it twice. This is how they hurt you, not me.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
I built this house in WaterSound Beach. It also used all the authentic materials, cedar siding, heavy hand split shake roof, copper dormer roofs, Viking Appliances, Granite or Onyc Slabs for all baths, etc. 6 Bedrooms, 5 baths, 3 living rooms approximately 5,000 sq ft under roof. 12 months $727,000 $145.40 per sq ft with a capital contribution of $50,000 from my partner at closing.

I see a much different number on “base area” which is what one would properly use. Takes you up to close to $200 per foot if we accept anything you say as true. You are an Obfuscator plain and simple. This home was built during the recession, amazing what material and labor can be bought for when folks are willing to work for room and board equivalency. And it’s amazing how quickly a project can be done when there are too few jobs going on. If I’d have been building that particular house at that time I’d have done it for a real $150 per foot and not your fake price. And I’d have completed it inside of 9 months. Nor would I have had to flee afterwards like you apparently did. Completely different labor market now. It costs more and takes longer. You know this which is why you are taking years and doing all the labor on your house in Seagrove. Plus I guess it’ll keep you busy.

Attachments

• 3DC916E7-A824-442E-9FC6-771DBA229CFD.png
    3DC916E7-A824-442E-9FC6-771DBA229CFD.png
    316.3 KB · Views: 169

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Seriously though, what does coming out and saying what concrete and rebar cost prove? A door knob can be had for free or $1000 I’m sure. I’ve seen fireplace surrounds go in at a material cost of $80,000.00 imported. Decorative “lawn ornaments” at $5,000.00 material only. You cry “The Sheetrock mud for a watercolor house only costs $385.00!! There is collusion that a house costs more than that!” It’s silly statements you are making. I’m saying this as benevolently as I know how. I’ll wait.

Evansc

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Not his house in Seagrove, although he apparently tells everyone it is. Apparently some poor out of area people that didn’t know his “construction” history whom he has fleeced like all of the others in the past.