• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Josh V

Beach Comber
Jul 2, 2017
Santa Rosa beach
Hi -

We are looking to build a home along 30 A. Wondering how the build price per square foot compares from Seaside, Watercolor and Seagrove area? I understand there is a "range" depending on finishes, etc, but does anyone know the range for each community?

Thank you!

You can builder for 150/ ft with nice high end finishes. We built 4 houses and are building 4 more all in that range. Standard builder should stay within 5% of material costs to account for surges in prices. Give me a call if you have any question 850-583-4393

Josh V

Beach Comber
Jul 2, 2017
Santa Rosa beach
Have you had luck finding a builder? If so, what have you found to be the costs per sq ft? We are also looking . Thanks!

On 30a in blue mountain beach we are building homes for 155/ ft not including the lot. That gets you quartz countertops, metal roof, Hardie siding, impact windows, nuema doors ( 5 point locking system) Kdat trim around windows, hardie soffits and faccia, wood floors, white shaker cabinets (maple or oaks), tile showers, craftsman style trim crown modeling , 8 ft doors interior, concrete driveway.

Josh V

Beach Comber
Jul 2, 2017
Santa Rosa beach
I've been told materials cost 5-6X more in watercolor etc..
than north of Highway 98.
What are these special (2x4) materials made out if???
Two floor plans two different areas two way different prices (excluding land)??

2x4 used some high end home like to ut
I've been told materials cost 5-6X more in watercolor etc..
than north of Highway 98.
What are these special (2x4) materials made out if???
Two floor plans two different areas two way different prices (excluding land)??

Your probably referring to kdat. That is more expensive that a typical 2x4 as it is kilum dried and usually a better piece of wood with less knots.
Yes materials are more but 5x6 times is a little much. Window requirements is a big one. I believe main phases of watercolor require wood framed windows. You can’t utilize a vinyl. And a lot of the times windows designed in these homes are not your standards window sizes. $/ sq ft is not always the best number to go by. Smaller house will have a higher cost/ ft Typically due to less sq ft to spread avg labor costs over.

chitown

Beach Comber
Aug 8, 2015
You can builder for 150/ ft with nice high end finishes. We built 4 houses and are building 4 more all in that range. Standard builder should stay within 5% of material costs to account for surges in prices. Give me a call if you have any question 850-583-4393
What is the name of your company?

Lou Deman

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2017
South Walton
All
Be very careful on shopping a builder (or anything for that matter) by price alone.
Check references, talk to suppliers, ask realtors, walk their jobs and view finished products, ect.
After 20+ years of building it always amazes me when projects are awarded based on lowest bid.
Also be careful when entering into a 'cost plus' contract.
Make sure you have real world allowances and that everything is included in the bid.
There are a lot of horror stories out there

Legrita

Beach Crab
Nov 27, 2019
Peachtree City, GA
All
Be very careful on shopping a builder (or anything for that matter) by price alone.
Check references, talk to suppliers, ask realtors, walk their jobs and view finished products, ect.
After 20+ years of building it always amazes me when projects are awarded based on lowest bid.
Also be careful when entering into a 'cost plus' contract.
Make sure you have real world allowances and that everything is included in the bid.
There are a lot of horror stories out there

Lou,
These are all great suggestions when shopping for a builder. Question: You suggested talking to suppliers. What are some key things to ask/discuss with the builders' suppliers?

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Sometimes I suspect it is simply Lou Deman, me, two sincerely curious and interested posters, and the 15 faces of John Carroll on this thread. Hello new guy

Legrita

Beach Crab
Nov 27, 2019
Peachtree City, GA
Sometimes I suspect it is simply Lou Deman, me, two sincerely curious and interested posters, and the 15 faces of John Carroll on this thread. Hello new guy

Hello,

I am considering a piece of land treetops subdivision on Seacrest beach and the Preserve at Grayton Beach. Looking for insight on quality builders and any info on the subdivision. Is this the best forum for these questions?

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving.