• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Obvious to many of us, but what is truly appalling IMO is that so many local leaders were taken in by it...what is that all about?

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
SoWal = South Walton County, which includes Scenic 30A, Sandestin, Inlet Beach, Miramar Beach, Freeport, Bruce, Bayou Basin, and other areas south of I-10.

We also are interested in what goes on in the surrounding areas of Destin, DeFuniak Springs, Carillon Beach, Panama City Beach ...

Any marketing of the Florida panhandle as a regional entity needs to cover the entire panhandle from St. Marks in the east to Pensacola in the west. There are amazing places in Northwest Florida along the coast and inland areas, and no one should be left out.

You don't know the panhandle until you've spent some time in Two Egg, Florida.

"The Panhandle" tm

Kurt, I agree with that geographic area being of interest & importance.

And I think the best "new" term for that area -- vs. the old standby "Emerald Coast" -- that I've heard is the one trademarked by Cornerstone/Lisa Burwell ...

COLA2COLA

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Kurt, I agree with that geographic area being of interest & importance.

And I think the best "new" term for that area -- vs. the old standby "Emerald Coast" -- that I've heard is the one trademarked by Cornerstone/Lisa Burwell ...

COLA2COLA

IIRC, and dunelaker can chime in anytime, that term is pre 20th century.

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
Redneck Riveria

Specially now that we got us a WalMart.

Where else do people have a garbage bin in front of $1M+ houses?

Greg Barnhill has the tune for us.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
1 out of 9 goals accomplished

Sonny Mares declares:

bush-mission574x315.jpg

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
I like Emerald Coast. Would love to see a survey or list of all the roads, businesses, schools, places in Northwest Florida that use Emerald Coast. The use of Cola2Cola is fine for a secondary description of America's Riviera.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Cola2Cola sounds like a bad boy band or rap group.

I vote for Emerald Coast and Sowal - feel like we've wasted more than enough time and money on "rebranding" perfectly good brand. :roll: