• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
The South Walton Professional Fire Fighters are endorsing no one in the races. Thanks for asking.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
The South Walton Coalition for People with Common Sense endorse Jim Crawford. Because he did not prepare, pay for, or put out the signs they are perfectly legal. Jim is not a politician but did a fine job when he served before. Most importantly, he calls BS when he sees it. We need that back.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Actually ShallowsNole, the signs according to Statute may not be legal as to their format. He was on the board in the past and I seem to remember him doing a good job back in the day. Or was that someone else?

Florida Statute 106.143

(c) Any other political advertisement published, displayed, or circulated before, or on the day of, any election must prominently:1. Be marked “paid political advertisement” or with the abbreviation “pd. pol. adv.”
2. State the name and address of the persons paying for the advertisement.
3. State whether the advertisement and the cost of production is paid for or provided in kind by or at the expense of the entity publishing, displaying, broadcasting, or circulating the political advertisement.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Where can we see statements from candidates? I am concerned about any talk of aerial spraying.

I am supporting Bob Hudson- he works hard for the mosquito district and understands the budget part.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Is Bob Hudson running against Crawford? If so, my vote is for Bob Hudson, no matter who he is running against. He is honest, conciencious and does his reseach on everything requiring his attention. He does a good job at anything he attempts.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
If Hudson manages so well, why the 26% mosquito board tax increase since last year?

touché!

As far as the signs go, if they represent the viewpoint of a private citizen, that verbiage is not required. I do not know who had them printed, but I know who it wasn't. The picture I took on Wednesday morning was the first time he saw one of them.

They should have been John Deere green. :)

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
I have yet to hear a cogent response from Hudson about raising taxes since 2013 more than 26%. The budget is now over $2,000,000.00! Why?