• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Another question for you folks.

My wife is worried about our one year old son and alligators. Last time I was down, I saw a ton of snakes, but no gators. Is there a significant gator population in South Walton?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
There are quite a few Florida fans here. But you'll suffer much worse from the elephants, tigers, tigers, semimoles, dawgs, etc. :D

gator.jpg

Just keep the little one away from the bayous.

Landlocked said:
Another question for you folks.

My wife is worried about our one year old son and alligators. Last time I was down, I saw a ton of snakes, but no gators. Is there a significant gator population in South Walton?

Other than in Kurts photo, I've never seen one. :dunno: Maybe I should look around more often. :D

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Gators generally don't interact with people much in these parts, though I wouldn't go swimming in the lakes at Topsail Hill SP. (I've heard a lot of gator noise while hiking there) The only places you're likely to actually see one in these parts are Fudpucker's restaurant in Destin or the big Alvin's Island in Panama City Beach. Both have zoo-like gator encolsure areas.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Well we'll be staying in Dune Allen on Stallworth Lake so I hope we'll be okay. If they are in the lake, I hope they have a plentiful food supply other than my leg. :eek:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Landlocked said:
Well we'll be staying in Dune Allen on Stallworth Lake so I hope we'll be okay. If they are in the lake, I hope they have a plentiful food supply other than my leg. :eek:

Unfortunately, gators are nearly extinct in SoWal. :sosad:

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Don't get me wrong, I like gators and conservation, but I'd prefer not to be eaten alive on my vacation. :laughing1