No TV's in Seaside, But SEASIDE is throwing a Tailgate Party and Showing Games??

Discussion in 'Music and Nightlife' started by skeek, Sep 8, 2011.

1. skeek

skeek Beach Comber

2. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

I think a better question is why are all 6 of your posts about TVs in Seaside. Are you a FOD? :wave:

3. skeek

skeek Beach Comber

Not sure what that means... Just asking why the owners of Seaside ban music and tv's at all the Resturants and Bars in Seaside yet they can have live music and show games on a big screen with sound.

4. NE SoWaller

NE SoWaller Beach Lover

I think the bigger question is how can that be good for Seaside businesses? If I am at Seaside during football season, I'm in my house, or more likely at somewhere not in seaside where I can watch the games. That mean my money isn't there either. Do I need to reconsider my coming to Seaside anymore? Seems like it is getting a little elitist these days. Definitely not the place it was when we started coming in 2003.

5. Em

Em Beach Fanatic

Good question, skeek, and remember that people can bring their own food and bev to the seaside lawn to watch the games on the big screen. I'm sure that the restaurants and bars are hating that.

6. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

First you complained that you couldn't watch football in the bars, now you are complaining that you can watch football on a big screen.

This is why I refuse to live where there is a HOA or DRB - noone is EVER happy!

7. Geo

Geo Beach Fanatic

Had a drink at Bud's this week. The view was priceless as usual. But the TV's were noticably absent. Reminded me of the first week after you remove the Xmas decorations and everything seems noticably less festive/kinda naked.

I'll never stop going. Still my fav place for a beer. The new addition is fab. But Bud and Alley's upstairs is a BAR and I believe Dave's leaseholder is drunk with success in thinking that this great bar is above having TV's.

2 cents.

8. HD Lady

HD Lady Beach Fanatic

Seaside has the "Only Game in Town"?

Sounds to me like it should be a great marketing tool for those restaurants and bars NOT located in Seaside.

9. HD Lady

HD Lady Beach Fanatic

BTW Shoo Mama's just installed 5 additional TV's so everyone can enjoy their favorite game.

10. skeek

skeek Beach Comber

Not complaining Scooterbug....I find it hypocritical to tell the business owners in Seaside they can't have TV's and Music, but it ok if they do... Just Saying....

11. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    I'm pretty skeptical. How many people in SoWal on Saturday night will be interested in this game? Isn't this the time of year that young couples with preschool children are here with the grandparents who pay for the trip? Our September rentals always match this profile. Are the preschoolers going to be interested in Notre Dame @ Michigan? Heck, I'm a big college football fan, and I'm not interested in watching Notre Dame @ Michigan, just getting my pick right on the pick'ems.

I still think that most people who show up might pick up food in Seaside, but will BYOB which will hurt the bars.

I respect Seaside, so I hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: When the people who are building the gigantic home and guest house next to Pizza Bar move in, will they have any say-so in the noisy activities in the amphitheatre at Central Square? I'm guessing that's the reason for the pressure on restaurants and bars to quiet down. I might be 100% wrong. Just curious.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  12. scooterbug44

Seaside is showing that game because people voted for that one (out of the games on at that time).

They're trying to do something free, family oriented, and fun for people. Give them a break already.

BR - Given the solid construction of that house and its proximity to the beach, I doubt they can hear much of anything going on in the amphitheater unless their windows are open. Other homes/condos are much less insulated and much closer.

People have been biatching about noise in Seaside for years. I think the TV issue has little to do with noise and more to do with trying to wean people off electronics so they can enjoy life.

13. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    They voted? Please explain that.

Your idealism is showing. I respect you for that :wave:, but with age I have become cynical. Plus I can enjoy life yet make it more convenient with electronics. I'll admit that the time I spend culling emails has just totally gotten out of hand. That being said, shall we get rid of laptops, message boards, Google, cell phones, navigation, vehicles (one of my colleagues has no vehicle and walks everywhere), ... How far do we take the anti-electronics sentiment?

14. Jerry Lewis

Jerry Lewis Beach Fanatic

It might also be hypnocritical to claim Truman was fiction.

15. scooterbug44

They had people vote for what game they wanted on facebook. Choices were Notre Dame @ Michigan, Boston College @ Central Florida, and Utah @ Southern Cal.

It isn't so much anti-electronics sentiment as setting the right mood/tone in a vacation area to help people relax and get away.

16. Em

Em Beach Fanatic

Interesting way to wean people off electronics by soliciting input electronically.

17. NE SoWaller

NE SoWaller Beach Lover

When I am on vacation one of the things I want to do to get away and relax, is sit outside watch a game and have some drinks. I am one that completely disagrees with this decision. I just don't know why the Seaside Admin is looking to take the fun out of Seaside. Again, it's nothing like it was in 2003 when we first went to Seaside

18. Ballyhoogrill

Ballyhoogrill Beach Lover

We have 7 tv's and try to show as many games as we possibly can!! Feel free to stop by for a game and try a couple of our 60+ beers!!

19. NE SoWaller

NE SoWaller Beach Lover

Even fans of the Big 10?

20. Ballyhoogrill

Ballyhoogrill Beach Lover

We roll with a few Big 10 folks...so, of course!

Did I just say that out loud??!