• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I'm pretty skeptical. How many people in SoWal on Saturday night will be interested in this game? Isn't this the time of year that young couples with preschool children are here with the grandparents who pay for the trip? Our September rentals always match this profile. Are the preschoolers going to be interested in Notre Dame @ Michigan? Heck, I'm a big college football fan, and I'm not interested in watching Notre Dame @ Michigan, just getting my pick right on the pick'ems.

I still think that most people who show up might pick up food in Seaside, but will BYOB which will hurt the bars.

I respect Seaside, so I hope I'm wrong.

EDIT: When the people who are building the gigantic home and guest house next to Pizza Bar move in, will they have any say-so in the noisy activities in the amphitheatre at Central Square? I'm guessing that's the reason for the pressure on restaurants and bars to quiet down. I might be 100% wrong. Just curious.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Seaside is showing that game because people voted for that one (out of the games on at that time).

They're trying to do something free, family oriented, and fun for people. Give them a break already.

BR - Given the solid construction of that house and its proximity to the beach, I doubt they can hear much of anything going on in the amphitheater unless their windows are open. Other homes/condos are much less insulated and much closer.

People have been biatching about noise in Seaside for years. I think the TV issue has little to do with noise and more to do with trying to wean people off electronics so they can enjoy life.

Seaside is showing that game because people voted for that one (out of the games on at that time).

They're trying to do something free, family oriented, and fun for people. Give them a break already.

BR - Given the solid construction of that house and its proximity to the beach, I doubt they can hear much of anything going on in the amphitheater unless their windows are open. Other homes/condos are much less insulated and much closer.

People have been biatching about noise in Seaside for years. I think the TV issue has little to do with noise and more to do with trying to wean people off electronics so they can enjoy life.
They voted? Please explain that.

Your idealism is showing. I respect you for that :wave:, but with age I have become cynical. Plus I can enjoy life yet make it more convenient with electronics. I'll admit that the time I spend culling emails has just totally gotten out of hand. That being said, shall we get rid of laptops, message boards, Google, cell phones, navigation, vehicles (one of my colleagues has no vehicle and walks everywhere), ... How far do we take the anti-electronics sentiment?

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
Not complaining Scooterbug....I find it hypocritical to tell the business owners in Seaside they can't have TV's and Music, but it ok if they do... Just Saying....

It might also be hypnocritical to claim Truman was fiction.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
They had people vote for what game they wanted on facebook. Choices were Notre Dame @ Michigan, Boston College @ Central Florida, and Utah @ Southern Cal.

It isn't so much anti-electronics sentiment as setting the right mood/tone in a vacation area to help people relax and get away.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
scooterbug44 said:
I think the TV issue has little to do with noise and more to do with trying to wean people off electronics so they can enjoy life.

scooterbug44 said:
They had people vote for what game they wanted on facebook.

Interesting way to wean people off electronics by soliciting input electronically.

NE SoWaller

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
Omaha, Nebraska
They had people vote for what game they wanted on facebook. Choices were Notre Dame @ Michigan, Boston College @ Central Florida, and Utah @ Southern Cal.

It isn't so much anti-electronics sentiment as setting the right mood/tone in a vacation area to help people relax and get away.

When I am on vacation one of the things I want to do to get away and relax, is sit outside watch a game and have some drinks. I am one that completely disagrees with this decision. I just don't know why the Seaside Admin is looking to take the fun out of Seaside. Again, it's nothing like it was in 2003 when we first went to Seaside