Now Seaside is trying it

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Joby, Apr 6, 2014.

1. StepfordWife

StepfordWife Beach Comber

Good to know, thank you dmarie. It seems Seaside has some interesting characters on their HOA board. This is not the first report I've heard of a board member acting in what I consider to be a very non neighborly way. If we ever buy in Seaside, it won't be on Tupelo. Shame, as I like their pavilion the best.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. UofL

UofL Beach Fanatic

We've been staying on Seaside. We don't have a lot of money but like staying there and found a house on Tupelo that we like. Were also going to come back in July after our June stay but will be in Seagrove on the beach which isn't affordable at seaside. Everyone has been nice to us but have been aware of issues over the years. If it's too exclusive we might not return but it is like paying more money for courtside seats at a game and security keeping people out who paid a lot less. Ellen

3. Andy A

Andy A Beach Fanatic

Comparing beach usage to seats at courtside is wrong, wrong, wrong! To begin with, everything South of the MHWL belongs to the public. They can use it as they see fit as long as it is not illegally used. More importantly, the beach should be accessable to all through public accesses and they should be able to transverse it to where ever they wish. IMO, it is sheer arrognance for some to believe otherwise and merely shows how little they really are.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  4. swedishKj

swedishKj Beach Comber

I just don't understand you people.

If Seaside want's things a certain way, why not help them out and follow what they desire to make their beach a better place. This decision was made because the beach there was over run by people from other places. Ok then, come there to cause a scene on the beach. The law is public beach is the HIGH WATER LINE. If you want to sit in the hard sand and act a fool, feel free. But, everyone there on the beach will know you are there to cause trouble. Just foolish. Wish people were helpful instead of everyone wanting to fight. Crazy America.

5. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

8ylu2.jpg

6. John R

John R needs to get out more

If I go into seaside and spend $1 in any store, i'm feeling pretty good about using the beach.

7. Truman

Truman Beach Fanatic

Are you president of the Tupelo Street neighborhood association?

8. Truman

Truman Beach Fanatic

9. Joby

Joby Beach Lover

Not exactly The mean high-tide line is a fictional line that is measured by averaging “all high-tides over an 18.6 year cycle, as determined by the Department of Commerce, National Oceanic Survey.”

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  10. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

[​IMG]

That should about cover it.

11. swedishKj

swedishKj Beach Comber

12. swedishKj

swedishKj Beach Comber

13. UofL

UofL Beach Fanatic

Actually just trying to see things from both points of view. That's why I compared it to ticket prices for one point of view.
    Best thing about this site is checking out the area for vacation plans.
    The bad part, is the unpleasantness.
    A lot of America is becoming exclusive.

14. MRBS

MRBS Beach Lover

Likely I don't understand what you mean, but wanting to preserve the public's access to the beach is a just, and as such, good endeavor. Not unpleasant. Maybe you've experienced a beach overrun with thoughtless folk; I've just not experienced that in south walton, speaking as only an appreciative long time visitor.