• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I don't know which is more remarkable -- the pug that inspires so much love in the community, or the community that generates a spontaneous memorial for such a wonderful little guy.

You have no idea how much your comments mean to me right now. Thank you all so much for letting me know that he was so widely loved.

Someone emailed the following -- Our head knows they are not our children....but our hearts do not. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for the big dog who was trapped in a little body. He was one of a kind.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Having lost our beloved Smoothie recently, we can certainly feel your pain. Try to remember all the joyful days you had together and never forget the lessons your special friend shared with you. We are sending you much love and light! Run free sweet Patrick!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I think this picture sums it up pretty good. Animal or human spending the last years of your life in sowal is a pretty good way to go.

IMG_0035.jpg

Note: I didn't take the picture, I believe Rapunzel did.

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Thanks to all for your kind wishes!

Rapunzel is right, Patrick just never 'got it' that he was supposed to be a little dog.

When we were in New Orleans they had a section of the river levee where people would let their dogs run off the leash, and they tended to form packs based on size. Without fail, he would always go straight to the Rotweiller/Lab/German Shepherd pack and do his best to keep up as they chased tennis balls or whatever. There was also another incident where I was walking him in our neighborhood, and one house around the corner had an open door to allow for a UPS delivery. The homeowner had a Great Dane who, as improbable as it sounds, slipped out of the open door unseen and trotted up to investigate the pug and myself. After they finished the obligatory sniffing, Patrick bit that Great Dane on the leg (mind you, the pug had dull little bumps for teeth) for some reason. If you could have seen the look of confusion on that Great Dane's face as he backed-off really fast:lol:

You will note an abscence of seagulls in SWGB's photo-Patrick HATED them and would not hesitate to chase them into the water if need be.

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
sorry for your loss. pugs make great pets! my grandmother's been through about 4-5 (that i can remember) for the last 31 years.

Last edited:

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
I've been coming back to this thread all day. There is a lot of love here, and what a warm tribute. Prayers and thoughts for all who loved Patrick.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Thanks to all for your kind wishes!

Rapunzel is right, Patrick just never 'got it' that he was supposed to be a little dog.

When we were in New Orleans they had a section of the river levee where people would let their dogs run off the leash, and they tended to form packs based on size. Without fail, he would always go straight to the Rotweiller/Lab/German Shepherd pack and do his best to keep up as they chased tennis balls or whatever. There was also another incident where I was walking him in our neighborhood, and one house around the corner had an open door to allow for a UPS delivery. The homeowner had a Great Dane who, as improbable as it sounds, slipped out of the open door unseen and trotted up to investigate the pug and myself. After they finished the obligatory sniffing, Patrick bit that Great Dane on the leg (mind you, the pug had dull little bumps for teeth) for some reason. If you could have seen the look of confusion on that Great Dane's face as he backed-off really fast:lol:

You will note an abscence of seagulls in SWGB's photo-Patrick HATED them and would not hesitate to chase them into the water if need be.

awww, you both will continue to laugh and talk about Patrick forever.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Oh Punzy -- and Skunky -- this whole thread is such a beautiful tribute. I am so sorry for your loss, partly because I have been there, but mostly because I know you and how much love you gave daily to Patrick the Pug.

Love the pic, and all the stories.