• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
There is a whole mob of people in Sowal that try to instill pride and respect for our community. If this is something contrary to your sensibilities then maybe you should stop reading Sowal.
Interesting that you use the word "mob". I think it is time for some Pride Southern Style...

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
From WZEP 1460

[h=1]CONFEDERATE FLAG SUPPORTERS TO RIDE[/h]By: T.H. Merritt
Recent efforts to remove the Confederate Flag have ignited a firestorm among flag supporters and those who oppose it. As Walton County Commissioners prepare to consider whether to remove the flag from the Confederate War Memorial in Defuniak Springs, local residents are taking action.
Santa Rosa Beach attorney Daniel Uhlfelder is petitioning the Commission to remove the flag and presented 1,300 signatures at last week’s meeting.
Meanwhile, 27-year old Walton County native Justin Hammond has organized a Southern Pride Ride this Saturday beginning at 9 AM at the Paxton Community Center and ending at Miramar Beach. Hammond says he has never been involved in any kind of political movement but he felt like he had to do something in the wake of the onslaught of opposition against something he sees as an attempt to destroy southern heritage and culture.
Hammond says about 75 people have already signed up for the event on a facebook page he started called Southern Pride Ride Walton County. He got the idea for the event after seeing over 2,000 people show up for a similar event in Ocala earlier this month.
Walton County Commissioners take up the issue next Tuesday, July 28[SUP]th[/SUP] at 9 AM at their meeting at the Walton County Courthouse. WZEP will have full coverage.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Thank you. I am very proud of him to and would like to meet him.

He is on Facebook. Send him a msg. I'm sure he is a tad inundated with them at the moment though. WZEP did a phone interview with him today. He said it will air at 6 - 7- & 8 tomorrow and again at noon. Tune in and have a listen.

If you would like to ride...

Here is the link to the Pride Ride info.

https://www.facebook.com/events/797176537064927/

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
mputnal3, just talked to Justin's significant other half and they would love to have you ride.

I think they should ride down 30A don't you?

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Absolutely from end to end of to end of 30A. I will try and contact Justin through Facebook.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I think jdarg and several others have made it abundantly clear what they want to see OR not see (in this case) on SoWal beaches Teresa and many of her responses were just downright uncalled for as well and oh so telling of her "station in life" and very belittling of those less fortunate.

It is what it is.

For you... With my apologies.

ForumRunner_20150723_212122.jpg