• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
BTW Cecilia Jones...NICE representation of YOUR DISTRICT on the flag issue!

You know the majority of your constituents want that flag left ALONE and you ducked out the first time this came before the board for a vote and tonight you passed the buck!!!

If your constituents have no other reason to vote you OUT other than the fact that you have repeatedly failed to represent your district, this is certainly the BEST ONE I can think of!!

P.S. Ursula, this is a NORTH WALTON issue and should have been heard in North Walton!
This isn't a North Walton issue, it is a Walton County issue. It just happens to be located in North Walton on Walton County property.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
This isn't a North Walton issue, it is a Walton County issue. It just happens to be located in North Walton on Walton County property.

Walton County property that South Walton never has to visit and by their own admission many don't.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Yes, the elected officials need to strap on a set and do their jobs. They are put in office to make these decisions, based on the will of the people that put them there.

Hold up John G...in all fairness, the BCC did do their job the first time this was brought before the board, with the EXCEPTION of C. Jones who ducked out on her own constituents. People (mostly in Sowal) did not like the outcome and back before the board it came.

How many times does the BCC have to recycle old issues they have already voted on because someone has their shorts in a wad over a vote?

This should have gone on the ballot the first time and this discussion wouldn't exist.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Honestly do you think there was a better option than putting it on the ballet?

Since you have dubbed yourself the lie queen....

ballet: an artistic dance form performed to music using precise and highly formalized set steps and gestures. Classical ballet, which originated in Renaissance Italy and established its present form during the 19th century, is characterized by light, graceful, fluid movements and the use of pointe shoes.

ballot: a device used to cast votes in an election, and may be a piece of paper or a small ball used in secret voting.

Get your facts straight ok?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Hold up John G...in all fairness, the BCC did do their job the first time this was brought before the board, with the EXCEPTION of C. Jones who ducked out on her own constituents. People (mostly in Sowal) did not like the outcome and back before the board it came.

How many times does the BCC have to recycle old issues they have already voted on because someone has their shorts in a wad over a vote?

This should have gone on the ballot the first time and this discussion wouldn't exist.

You are very correct about C. Jones ducking out on the last go around. Good point, not to be overlooked.

I think the BCC not voting on this is simply a way to not upset their constituents while also dodging the criticism of those looking to have it removed. Its a political move to preserve their standing (for the time being).

If the issue went to the ballot (referendum) the first go around, it would have most likely failed by a large % (let the flag remain).

That would not have solved anything as the issue would come up again, just in another forum, possibly via a civil law suit. This is just another delay in the inevitable of what's to come.

I am not for or against this issue, but I'll have to make a decision at some point, as we (voters) all will, in November. I thought the debate had at yesterday's meeting was very, very interesting and look forward to hearing more the next meeting date. I much prefer educated and well spoken people presenting factual information, like both sides did yesterday. I learned a lot, just as I did with your photos that were posted, but no longer remain...

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I think the BCC not voting on this is simply a way to not upset their constituents while also dodging the criticism of those looking to have it removed.

Ironically, that backfired big time didn't it? Uhlfelders crew was livid.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Ironically, that backfired big time didn't it? Uhlfelders crew was livid.
I believe most of that group are registered Democrats and they don't understand that if they want their vote to count in Walton County they need to register as Republicans and VOTE EM OUT! (or run a candidate that can win...).